• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue Crown Conure Mating Behavior Time Frame?

Poundkitty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
I am in a quandary regarding my young BCC Klaus. He is just turning 2 so becoming sexually mature. He WAS the most amazing cuddly, affectionate, non-biting social bird one could imagine. Within a week he decided that our male Quaker is his new love. The problem is that he is harassing/smothering the Quaker with attention and will not leave him alone. I have to continuously separate them so that the Quaker can eat and relax. Furthermore, the BCC has turned into a real butthole. He is attacking everyone, biting fingers, toes and lunging at your face if you come near his cage when the Quaker is within eyesight. Any idea how long this might last? I am hoping this is mating season behavior and will subside. At this stage they can't be out of their cages at the same time and I feel horrible to have to confine them alternately. Any suggestions would be appreciated on how to handle the situation.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Unfortunately he has chosen the the quaker I do not believe the behavior will stop you may try separating them into other rooms especially since the Quaker does not want to bond and see what happens

Poundkitty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
Unfortunately he has chosen the the quaker I do not believe the behavior will stop you may try separating them into other rooms especially since the Quaker does not want to bond and see what happens
Thank you. The behavior has continued and the Quaker likes him but then tries to escape after 20 minutes of being "smothered" with attention. I have tried putting them in different rooms but it feels like punishment to either bird as the rest of the flock & cages are in the open kitchen area. So, I continue to listen to the BCC screaming when he is in his cage and am saddened that I have lost this amazing bird as a companion. I was hoping it was hormonal mating season behavior but you may be right :(