• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue Crown Conure looking for home with retiree or other birds

Debebe

Meeting neighbors
Hello, all. We have a lovely Blue Crown conure who is just over a year old. He’s very personable and sweet, but we think he needs a more constant companion. An ideal situation might be a retiree or someone who is at home and can allow the bird to be out and about for most of the day. Alternatively, he might enjoy other bird companions. Please note he is Flighted and really enjoys flying. we are located in the DC area. Please let me know if you know of a responsible bird owner who may be interested. We really love him, and want to make sure this is a better situation - for his sake.

Thanks,
Regan

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am sorry you must re home the bird you have had for such a short time. Hopefully you can find someone here and not have to advertise. Good Luck.

BeachComberNC

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Morgan
How long have you had him? Has he ever been around dogs? How is he with visitors? Multiple people in the household?

gptb2020

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaden
are you only looking for people in the DC area or would you be willing to do same day shipping at the new owner's expense?

Pipsqueak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I am in your area and I messaged you too. Interested, please contact me. I am in your area.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
@Debebe i tagged this person for you.

Poundkitty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
Hello, all. We have a lovely Blue Crown conure who is just over a year old. He’s very personable and sweet, but we think he needs a more constant companion. An ideal situation might be a retiree or someone who is at home and can allow the bird to be out and about for most of the day. Alternatively, he might enjoy other bird companions. Please note he is Flighted and really enjoys flying. we are located in the DC area. Please let me know if you know of a responsible bird owner who may be interested. We really love him, and want to make sure this is a better situation - for his sake.

Thanks,
Regan
I would absolutely love to be considered for your BCC. We recently lost our female rescue BCC and we are just heartbroken and feeling her void. I do not work so at home all day. I live half an hour south of D.C. near Fredericksburg. I have 4 other conures and 1 quaker who are out of their cages most of the day (when supervised). Please let me know if he is still available and I would love to converse with you. I am also happy to provide you with photos of my flock so that you can see their living conditions and the good health they are in. Regards, Nicole

Last edited:

Irene26

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Irene
Did you ever find a home for your Blue Crown? I’m located in Frederick with over 30 years experience with birds. Husband is retired and I own my own business so I work at home and at my shop.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Both of you may want to leave a private message in case the setting are such that she will get an e mail.

Debebe

Meeting neighbors
Did you ever find a home for your Blue Crown? I’m located in Frederick with over 30 years experience with birds. Husband is retired and I own my own business so I work at home and at my shop.
Happy to chat - please let me know how to reach you.

Debebe

Meeting neighbors
I would absolutely love to be considered for your BCC. We recently lost our female rescue BCC and we are just heartbroken and feeling her void. I do not work so at home all day. I live half an hour south of D.C. near Fredericksburg. I have 4 other conures and 1 quaker who are out of their cages most of the day (when supervised). Please let me know if he is still available and I would love to converse with you. I am also happy to provide you with photos of my flock so that you can see their living conditions and the good health they are in. Regards, Nicole
hi, Nicole - I will give you a call later today

Poundkitty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
I am delighted and grateful that Regan has allowed Blue to join our family/flock. He is truly an amazing and incredibly friendly bird and we have fallen in love with him already! He spends his day following me around the house until my son arrives from school and then wants his attention. I have NEVER met a bird who is so comfortable in interacting with perfect strangers and immediately charming them into babbling sweet nothings in his ear. You have done a wonderful job raising him and we thank you again for entrusting him to us.

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
It's always so wonderful to hear when birds find great homes, thanks to their previous owners caring enough to make such a difficult decision carefully and with love.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
That's so wonderful! I'm glad he found such a great home. :)