• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue and White macaws any info?

HannahBean

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
Saw this website advertising Blue and White macaws: White & Blue Macaws - Heaven Parrots Aviary

Anyone have any experience with this mutation?
Anyone know of any health problems this mutation is prone to?
Anyone know of any personality traits this mutation is known for?
Overall just curious because there seems to be little information about them overall. :)

This would be a good place for people to find information/experience/knowledge about them.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Know nothing about that mutation but hat website doesn't seem legitimate based on the prices and other things. Hyacinth macaw for $6500. I don't think so. The location of the store is Copenhagen Denmark but the phone number would be somewhere in FL based on the 727 area code.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I have never seen so many varieties of Macaws in my life. The prices do seem a little off, like a Goffin Cockatoo being almost the same price as a M2??

The birds are striking. Just look into the business before you buy one of their birds.

Last edited:

katebf38

Sprinting down the street
I’d check with an avian genetics exert. Blue and white macaws ... doesn’t sound right. Price is so low for a “rare” mutation. I’d be very skeptical. I’m no expert, but have been involved with dog genetics and would really want to know if macaws even carry a blue color gene. :anyone:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Also says they are breeders across the US but the store is in Denmark.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I saw a hy listed for $500 once so I called thinking that maybe it needed some vet care they couldn't afford or something. Wrong! This guy tried to tell me he would ship me a weaned baby hy for that price! I hung up and blocked that phone number!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The CEO is John Snow and the support staff Smith John (probably meant John Smith).
Did they mean Jon Snow and are they going to start selling dragon eggs, too?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is a very rare mutation. I am unaware of any in the United States, however do know of some in South America, and Southeast Asia. @Monica is extremely knowledgeable about mutations, and may know know about any health issues that they may have.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Just gotta love it when they take popular names (almost Jon Snow and John Smith) and pictures from actual aviaries and slap random prices on them!