• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue and Gold Macaw available for adoption

KatRaft

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello all,

Sadly, I have a blue and gold Macaw who needs a better home. Carlos was inherited by a close friend of mine who is not a bird person. Myself having a Jardines parrot and a pair of rescue yellow napped Amazons- Carlos came to live with us Feb. 9, 2016.

Carlos was hatched on October 28, 1995 and lived with his previous owner till he came to live with us. My friend said he was interested in making accommodations for his father's bird but all these years have gone by and nothing has happened. I don't think it would be the greatest situation for Carlos either.

However my home has not been a good fit. In 2017 my husband and I welcomed a baby girl into the family. We don't have the time and attention this bird deserves and so desperately craves. I've been a long time migraine sufferer and the noise causes me massive anxiety. We are also expecting another baby very soon.

We've worked hard to make things work. He gets outside everyday, weather permitting. But all the attention he needs is taking away from my own parrots. He is friendly, can be handled, loves and carves attention. My parrots are suffering, my family is suffering and Carlos is not satisfied. His feather quality is showing the signs of stress and hopefully I can find him a more suitable home before he starts plucking or worse.

He currently uses a parrot stand in the house. We tried to put him in one of our larger cages but it was not suitable for him and he began snapping the bars off. Outside he stays on another stand. He is fully flight feathered and has never tried to fly. He is on a diet of pellets and fresh food. We are in the process of putting together an outdoor aviary for our birds, but Carlos really needs the one on one attention more.

Both my husband and myself can handle him. Sometimes if he's with one person and another person walks in the room he freaks out a little. I think he's used to living with one person since his original owner died and it was just him and the original owners wife for so long. As large birds are he is very loud.

More than anything in just looking for the right fit for Carlos so he can be happy. I have his original paperwork from the breeder and he is sexed male. He will come with his parrot stands. There would be a minimal/negotiable adoption fee to be sure he can be properly cared for. This sweet guy needs to find his new forever home.

He is located in Reno, NV.

Thank you for looking.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Awww he sounds delightful, I hope he finds a soft place to land with one of our members!

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue