• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blu has another ear infection

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Glad you got it cultured. Tuffy had horrible allergies in spring time but never in her ear, her nares would be hot mess. She was touch me not on her head and keeping unblocked was not fun. There are filters that you can put up inside screens of windows. But they are pricey.
Hope Blu feels better soon.
Thank you Laurie! I've never heard of screens like that before so I just searched around and found some. You're right, they are pricey. I'm actually looking for a new house right now so I'm not how long I'll be here so not sure if it's worth investing in those right now but if this becomes a yearly thing I will definitely keep that in mind. I really appreciate it!!

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I wonder if it's the humidity levels. Those of us who are prone to anything ear related frequently are affected by humidity levels. With spring in full swing, this could be a factor.
I wonder if it's the humidity levels. Those of us who are prone to anything ear related frequently are affected by humidity levels. With spring in full swing, this could be a factor.
That's a good thought too, @Sparkles99 .Thank you! I will have to get a new humidity testing thing cause I'm sure if mine is accurate but if you're right I may have to get a dehumidifier. Though most days when it's humid I can't stand it myself so I turn on the ac. Do you think humidity levels could be bothersome to him if the ac is on?