• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Bloodfeather...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Glad it went well at the vets...
You might try cutting the veggies/greens up into thumbnail size pieces for her and see if that presentation will work...it takes a couple of days for them to get use to it...mix in some seeds so she will at least go for the seeds and get some of the greens/veggies with them...this helps with the taste. Have you read any of these sites to help with problems eaters?
Land of Vos - Articles - Tips for Finicky Eaters
Parrot Nutrition. Grey Feather Toy Creations. Parrot Nutrition, Parrot Care, Bird Articles, Education.
LET'S TALK ABOUT NUTRITION AGAIN
Kitchen Physician - Greening of the Parrot Diet
Avian Nutrition

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Glad it went well at the vets...
You might try cutting the veggies/greens up into thumbnail size pieces for her and see if that presentation will work...it takes a couple of days for them to get use to it...mix in some seeds so she will at least go for the seeds and get some of the greens/veggies with them...this helps with the taste. Have you read any of these sites to help with problems eaters?
Land of Vos - Articles - Tips for Finicky Eaters
Parrot Nutrition. Grey Feather Toy Creations. Parrot Nutrition, Parrot Care, Bird Articles, Education.
LET'S TALK ABOUT NUTRITION AGAIN
Kitchen Physician - Greening of the Parrot Diet
Avian Nutrition
I actually get her to eat veggies by cutting them up small and mixing them in seed in the early morning :lol:It's about the only way she likes to eat them but still manages to spit a few out sometimes. If needed I can go back to only feeding her veggies in the morning but with my schedule I'm usually gone for more than 4 hours at a time and don't like to do that. I was thinking of also associating her toys with veggies. Thanks!

deehayston

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dee Hayston
This is wonderful news...I would suggest though that the vet feels with the powder you were given that certain veggies might be a bit of "over doing" too much of a good thing? I'd call and ask about that...My parrotlet was ill for over four years and actually I believe lived those four years with vet checks of course, by the vets suggestion we use Harrison's Budgie Builder in his water. He lived to 16 years and flourished during the time he was on the BB until his time came (genetic problems was the decision) however, as I get flapping on here..LOL my point to this is that the vet did tell me to "avoid" feeding certain things because she worried over overdosing on "x" since it was in the BB...Just a thought for you.
I an EVENT..HURRAY...this is good news and I'm sure you are now needing some quiet days yourself to recover...I never had to dye my hair till I owned birds and WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING!! >>>LOL
Dee

deehayston

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dee Hayston
Just a PS to this..I do not use any supplements unless suggested by a vet and then I watch carefully...Not everything works the same for each individual - just as with us...and I would get second and third opinions if anything suggested was not working.. There's a lot of snake oil out there sold for all of our critters...And I do think we need to consider carefully whatever we use!!

This is wonderful news...I would suggest though that the vet feels with the powder you were given that certain veggies might be a bit of "over doing" too much of a good thing? I'd call and ask about that...My parrotlet was ill for over four years and actually I believe lived those four years with vet checks of course, by the vets suggestion we use Harrison's Budgie Builder in his water. He lived to 16 years and flourished during the time he was on the BB until his time came (genetic problems was the decision) however, as I get flapping on here..LOL my point to this is that the vet did tell me to "avoid" feeding certain things because she worried over overdosing on "x" since it was in the BB...Just a thought for you.
I an EVENT..HURRAY...this is good news and I'm sure you are now needing some quiet days yourself to recover...I never had to dye my hair till I owned birds and WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING!! >>>LOL
Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.