• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blood appears on budgie's head overnight?

rosemary

Strolling the yard
Yesterday, while I was getting ready for the gym, my babies had already roosted in their favourite spots, apart from one another.

This morning the newspapers on the bottom had changed locations, indicating that at least one budgie had been flying around. This morning my Primrose was on their swing (and there was a lot of poop on the bottom, indicating that he had slept there). Well, after a couple seconds of observation, I noticed that he had a dark spot, resembling blood on his head, it seems to be along a feather (pics on the bottom). Was this a result of night terrors? I had my night light on, so that they could still see a bit.

Does it look like blood from an injury to you guys? Or could it be something else? There are no sharp spots in their cage, so I am really surprised as to how he got injured.

I read online, that night injuries can be common, and if there is no active bleeding, not to worry- do you guys agree?

Attachments

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I see some pin feathers so he's moultin(?). Mine always seem to break a few with every moult so it's normal. Being so small they stop bleeding really quickly.
Totally normal, nothing to worry about, expect more.

rosemary

Strolling the yard
I see some pin feathers so he's moultin(?). Mine always seem to break a few with every moult so it's normal. Being so small they stop bleeding really quickly.
Totally normal, nothing to worry about, expect more.
yep, he got a couple pin feathers yesterday/today.
I thought so too, but was really surprised. Thank you for your response :)

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
One of mine has broken a pin feather on his head before and it too bled a little. I don't think that there is anything to worry about.