• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Blood above bird's beak

nspiro

Moving in
Real Name
Nikola Petrović
Hi, I noticed this on my bird'a beak after washing, I only got him few days ago and he was already missing a lot of his feathers, but today after washing I noticed he has something (looks like blood) above his beak.

Is this normal? Should I go to a veterinarian?

Kiwi is my first ever bird, and I am very concerned about his helath, anything helps :)

IMG_20220729_122455.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I'm not a ringneck expert, but when looking at numerous images of that species the thin line between their nares and eye are normal, but I haven't observed the discolouration above.

Example...
1659125762226.png

I noticed this on my bird'a beak after washing
Is Kiwi fully dry in your photo and was plain water used for the washing? I'm not sure if damp feathers would look that way, but it's curious that you only noticed it after a bath.

In general, all new birds should visit their avian veterinarian for a health check and to establish that relationship whether or not there's a specific concern, so I could go.