• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Black tarry poop

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
I just. Got back from the vet because. My budgies. Has Polyuria ( of course he didn’t have it at the vet ) and my parrotlet has. These dark poops, this just happened when I was gone , can a romaine. Lettuce heart cause this? He ate. A big one.

Attachments

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
My budgies love romaine lettuce and it's never made their poop like this, it only makes their poop a little more watery. Did the vet give them anything while they were there? Perhaps they were just stressed out
@Ripshod ?

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Any food with that much water in it will make their poops wet. As will bathing. Smear some poop on white paper. Is it black or is it just dark green?
Lack of white urates could indicate a lack of calcium. Or are the urates just hiding inside the poops?

Joe Henderson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
This was my bird at home .. his poop was normal before I left I’ve noticed kale to this too him before to , the vet said to make An apt if it last longer then a day

Joe Henderson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
Any food with that much water in it will make their poops wet. As will bathing. Smear some poop on white paper. Is it black or is it just dark green?
Lack of white urates could indicate a lack of calcium. Or are the urates just hiding inside the poops?
There’s urates nice and white and normal I did smear it could be a dark shade of green I’m not sure I’ll smear a fresh one and post