• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Black Swan Egg and Bowerbird

Status
Not open for further replies.

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
Yes! :D The different species of Bowerbirds each collect a different coloured item. Satin Bowerbird collects blue items. Regent Bowebirds collect yellow items. Some species of Bowerbirds only collect white items and others only collect items that are a certain shade of brown.

At the sanctuary we only have the Satin Bowerbird and the Regent Bowerbird.
That is one of the coolest things I've ever heard of a wild bird doing!

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
That is one big egg! And what a cool little bower. That is so interesting about them collecting only the certain color of objects.

lamagdalena

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Yes! :D The different species of Bowerbirds each collect a different coloured item. Satin Bowerbird collects blue items. Regent Bowebirds collect yellow items. Some species of Bowerbirds only collect white items and others only collect items that are a certain shade of brown.

At the sanctuary we only have the Satin Bowerbird and the Regent Bowerbird.
that is soo cool!!! I had no idea these species even existed, much less all their wonderfully amazing little quirks :heart::heart::heart:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Wow Kelsey, how cool is what you do??? The Bowerbirds are amazing.

Ginger

MBS

Jogging around the block
I love Bowerbirds too. I like the one that builds a bower that looks just like what I imagine a fairy's house would look like with flowers, shiny beetle exoskeletons, and other very decorative items in neat piles. I think that kind of Bower bird is from New Guinea.

AkCrimson

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Hillari
I love Bowerbirds too. I like the one that builds a bower that looks just like what I imagine a fairy's house would look like with flowers, shiny beetle exoskeletons, and other very decorative items in neat piles. I think that kind of Bower bird is from New Guinea.
You are thinking of a Vogelkop Bowerbird =) They also have amazing voices!!

Great pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.