• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Black skin under wing?

tinyfruits

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Des
Hi! I adopted a new gcc (I think American dilute to be specific) recently (Peaches) and I haven't noticed anything wrong with her. She doesn't have any symptoms for any other diseases from what I've observed. However, today when she stretched her wings, I noticed one of them seemed dark. I checked her wing and some of the skin was black. I attached a photo. Should I worry? Does anyone know what this is?

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It looks necrotic to me. If it is, it would be very important to get her to a veterinarian soon.

tinyfruits

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Des
Hi! Thank you for your reply :) I just wanted to give an update in case anyone ever has a similar problem. We took her to the vet and they said that it is only a bruise. Other than that, she is perfectly healthy! We need to just watch her poops and keep her from trying to use that wing. She may have twisted it or gotten it caught somewhere since she came with her wings clipped. Now we are just waiting for it to heal and for her to re-grow out her wings on the next molt :)