• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Black masked lovebird - found in Miami Beach

wendy robin

Moving in
Real Name
wendy robin
About a month ago I found a gorgeous blue lovebird in a park on Miami Beach. I have been trying tirelessly to find his rightful owners to no avail. I truly believe he was dumped because the owner no longer wanted him. This is the 4th parrot over the last 10 years that I have found. The others were also "set free". I have 2 questions. Are any of you in South Florida interested in adopting him? I have been taking great care of him but I can't keep him because I have an older Meyers parrot and live in a tiny apartment BUT more importantly, I work full time, my parrot is used to my schedule but this little lovey needs more attention and would surely be happier in a home with other lovies. He bites but is so cute and a great flier, chirping non stop. He is a great eater. He likes the fresh veggies & tiny bit of fruit I give him twice a day. He also always has his seed mix (no sunflower seeds are in this mix).
If anyone can assist me in finding him a wonderful forever home, I would be so grateful. I have attached his photo.

Also, he does have a band but I have had a hard time seeing what is on it and have not toweled him to take a good look. The band says AFA FL and this morning I think I saw either HAI or MAI on it as well.

My email is coconutparrotMB@gmail.com

Thank you!

Wendy

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hi wendy,

It is a good idea to keep the band number secret so the real owner can verify it´s their bird.
Have you looked on parrotalert.com ?
You could email vets and let them know you have this bird in case anyone goes in asking.

wendy robin

Moving in
Real Name
wendy robin
Hi wendy,

It is a good idea to keep the band number secret so the real owner can verify it´s their bird.
You could email vets and let them know you have this bird in case anyone goes in asking.
I have called every single vet and he is posted all over the internet. Parrot911, Lost & Found pets etc etc. Nobody is looking for him. Someone did not want him and put him outside.

wendy robin

Moving in
Real Name
wendy robin
Hi wendy,

Yes I agree. The band also has some numbers which I did not include :)

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you for helping this little cutie. :heart2:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Nobody is looking for him. Someone did not want him and put him outside.
That´s a sad thought :(

I found a lovebird many years ago, I still look at the lost bird listings incase I ever find her family.. but I think she was also just pushed outside :(

Thankyou for trying to help :hug9:

I wonder if there´s a shelter near you?
Or maybe a parrot group on facebook or something?
There may be a circle of fosters, but I don´t know how you would find them... maybe through the vet?

wendy robin

Moving in
Real Name
wendy robin
That´s a sad thought :(

I found a lovebird many years ago, I still look at the lost bird listings incase I ever find her family.. but I think she was also just pushed outside :(

Thankyou for trying to help :hug9:

I wonder if there´s a shelter near you?
Or maybe a parrot group on facebook or something?
There may be a circle of fosters, but I don´t know how you would find them... maybe through the vet?
I have already tried all of this. Not my first "found a bird rodeo" sadly :(

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Wendy, any chance you ever visit the “other side” of Florida? I live on the west coast, near Fort Myers. I know someone who might want that (gorgeous) little bird.

wendy robin

Moving in
Real Name
wendy robin
Wendy, any chance you ever visit the “other side” of Florida? I live on the west coast, near Fort Myers. I know someone who might want that (gorgeous) little bird.
I am happy to discuss. We could meet halfway if it works out. I am very particular with re-homing. I will not put him a home with dogs, cats or kids.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I am happy to discuss. We could meet halfway if it works out. I am very particular with re-homing. I will not put him a home with dogs, cats or kids.
OK I'll email you this evening. The person I'm thinking of has no dog, cat, or kids. They do have a cockatiel. :)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@wendy robin actually I messaged and they're not interested, it's too soon after losing one.

Reactions: Ali