• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SALE Black Friday Sale at Seriously Nutz

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
blackfriday2021news.png
:stocking1:
Black Friday at Seriously Nutz

:santasleigh:

This is our busiest time of year so please expect shipping delays.
If you are shopping for your Secret Santa
please make sure to note that in the comment section.
Happy Shopping!
:falala:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:shocking:Another sale so soon? You must be Nutz! :laugh:
Yah... I don't want to talk about it. :snowball:

I have three sales a year. Two SWS and then Black Friday is tradition to me.
I can't see me doing it but I can't see me not doing it. Ya know? :santagrin:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so excited for this! Nothing beats a sale at one of my favorite vendors :heart:

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
:cantwait:I'm excited! Yay Black Friday!

SamatranTiger

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Your website is telling me it is $70 to ship to Canada!! :scared3:
Might have to continue to wait until I can ship to the US mailbox again :sad10:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Your website is telling me it is $70 to ship to Canada!! :scared3:
Might have to continue to wait until I can ship to the US mailbox again :sad10:
100% weight based. If you stay under 4 pounds it can go first class mail but anything over is priority mail. I have Canadian customers that pay over $150 in shipping with one order. o_O
If you have your cart narrowed as much as possible I can do a weight check and give you a very close estimate but... you are sitting at about 11 pounds right now. Take into consideration I have to round up a little and you are probably at about 7-8 pounds. I'm more then happy to do a weight check if you would like.

SamatranTiger

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
100% weight based. If you stay under 4 pounds it can go first class mail but anything over is priority mail. I have Canadian customers that pay over $150 in shipping with one order. o_O
If you have your cart narrowed as much as possible I can do a weight check and give you a very close estimate but... you are sitting at about 11 pounds right now. Take into consideration I have to round up a little and you are probably at about 7-8 pounds. I'm more then happy to do a weight check if you would like.
Shipping from the US to Canada is always expensive so I was surprised but not too surprised. Thanks for offering to do a weight check BUT I've been informed that the US is reopening the border to Canada Nov. 30th!! I can ship to the US again! YAY!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
@Macawnutz
Can you tell me which toy this poor ratty nasty thing used to be? View attachment 397726
That is hugs and kisses. 1/4" pine wood. We have a toy size guide on our store found here. You can choose anything from the "1/4" pine wood cut against the grain" and have that same wood with a different toy if you want to change things up a little. :)

Just be mindful you are looking at pine and not basswood. Basswood is a little tighter grain and is snappier then the pine.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
That is hugs and kisses. 1/4" pine wood. We have a toy size guide on our store found here. You can choose anything from the "1/4" pine wood cut against the grain" and have that same wood with a different toy if you want to change things up a little. :)

Just be mindful you are looking at pine and not basswood. Basswood is a little tighter grain and is snappier then the pine.
:think1:
How does the pine & basswood compare to the toys marked hardwood?

I'm thinking cut with the grain wood is easier to splinter to shard & cut across the grain will take more punctures & not shatter as easily?

Thanks

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:think1:
How does the pine & basswood compare to the toys marked hardwood?

I'm thinking cut with the grain wood is easier to splinter to shard & cut across the grain will take more punctures & not shatter as easily?

Thanks
Cut with the grain splinters, cut against the grain chips. I have pictures of how the wood splits right on my toy size guide linked above.

Pine is pretty soft, you can break a 1/4" piece in half by trying to bend it. The same in basswood takes a bit more strength. The same in hardwood is not easy to snap. In 1/4" it can be done by hand but you will have to man handle it. My smallest cut of hardwood is 3/4" and you will not break it with your hands.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Thanks, I saw hardwood in some of the toys & wondered the wood/difference. Truthfully my guys beaks don't need the indestructible & are not much for toys but I have my eyes on a few...:cool:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I got a few things at SWS time, and Ripley's only touched the one @April got me so far.

The reason? He's not done playing with the box!! :rofl: He's in a cardboard shredding mood. So I've been giving him a 1/4 of the box at a time to keep him happy but not hormonal :lol: Just like a child I swear!!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Thanks, I saw hardwood in some of the toys & wondered the wood/difference. Truthfully my guys beaks don't need the indestructible & are not much for toys but I have my eyes on a few...:cool:
Yah, I glanced at your cart. If I didn't know what birds you owned I'd say you own a conure, an amazon and a cockatoo. :laugh: You are kinda all over with your selections. If you need some help selecting some good ones I have no problem helping you out. I do have a hawkhead that has been a toybox member for years, they can chew wood but like simplicity. :laugh:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I got a few things at SWS time, and Ripley's only touched the one @April got me so far.

The reason? He's not done playing with the box!! :rofl: He's in a cardboard shredding mood. So I've been giving him a 1/4 of the box at a time to keep him happy but not hormonal :lol: Just like a child I swear!!
I'm honored though that mine is slightly more appealing then the box at times ! :p

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

I have a box inside every atom! Half the day I don't see either of my BG or Sakie. :laugh:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Yah, I glanced at your cart. If I didn't know what birds you owned I'd say you own a conure, an amazon and a cockatoo. :laugh: You are kinda all over with your selections. If you need some help selecting some good ones I have no problem helping you out. I do have a hawkhead that has been a toybox member for years, they can chew wood but like simplicity. :laugh:
Opening my horizons. Yes, I don't usually look for toys. I have made them but my guys don't have much interest in chewing or I have just not given them something they want to chew.

I have a Hawkhead & a Crimson Bellied Conure as per my sig.

Penny has been whittling a bit on her dragon wood.

I might take you up on that help... :think1: