• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Black Friday Cage/Aviary Deals

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:ebay1: I figure Black Friday is this week and some of us will come across some amazing cage deals but won't need the info for ourselves. If you see a great deal, post it here for anyone who's in the market for a new cage or aviary. :thanks:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Me, too. Our puppy just jumped into Buzzard's cage to root around for goodies & bent the tray clear to the floor while I had Buzz in the other room for some one-on-one time. :banghead: I think I can probably bend it back enough to make it work for a little while, but it'll be hard to clean & start to rust where the power coating is chipped off.

I went online to check the prices of the Prevue Empire I'd had my eyes on, but then figured why pay full price if I can get a good deal on it in two or three days? Or on something even better!

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Me, too. Our puppy just jumped into Buzzard's cage to root around for goodies & bent the tray clear to the floor while I had Buzz in the other room for some one-on-one time. :banghead: I think I can probably bend it back enough to make it work for a little while, but it'll be hard to clean & start to rust where the power coating is chipped off.

I went online to check the prices of the Prevue Empire I'd had my eyes on, but then figured why pay full price if I can get a good deal on it in two or three days? Or on something even better!
Gotta be honest every Prevue cage I've ever had (other than the stainless one) has rusted very quickly.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Gotta be honest every Prevue cage I've ever had (other than the stainless one) has rusted very quickly.
I liked the size & flat top. Plus it's encouraging that @Nikomania has a couple of them. :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Great idea! I'd like to get Elvis a new cage. And I've been watching to see if the one I want for Rosie goes on sale.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I liked the size & flat top. Plus it's encouraging that @Nikomania has a couple of them. :)
Yes! Have 2 and love them! The only down side is that they're so tall it takes a few people to tip them through a sliding glass door for power washing.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Yes! Have 2 and love them! The only down side is that they're so tall it takes a few people to tip them through a sliding glass door for power washing.
I just put towels under the sides and use the steamer. I'd never be able to get any of ours outside without breaking me or the cage. :shocked5:

You must be one tough lady! :yes1:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh no! That’s disheartening. I really like them.

I just put towels under the sides and use the steamer. I'd never be able to get any of ours outside without breaking me or the cage. :shocked5:

You must be one tough lady! :yes1:
Ohhhh the steamer! I forgot about it, thank you @faislaq . I have a cage i need to clean and am NOT up to dragging it outside at the moment.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I may just have to go out 'n buy a steamer. Any recommendations?

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa

My dog has taken to pulling out the metal tray in the bottom of Seamus’s cage and clanging it around the house like a toy.:cautious: So I’m thinking Seamus also needs an upgrade lol.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have the budgies in a Prevue XL Flight Cage, and it's been great. No problems with bent bars or rust spots :)

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Alright! Some sales might start tonight. C'mon Black Friday Deals!

View attachment 363589
Wayfair has a few deals. I've been looking all day for the unicorn sleep /travel cage I want for Monaco. It's proving elusive. Also...we must not be the only ones looking. There are more styles out of stock than in!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
It's no aviary, but it's still slightly larger than Buzz's current cage & it's a good deal.

$617 after tax & free shipping at Petco
20201126_202137.jpg
So far it's a toss up between this and the Prevue Empire. They're both the same end price, but since he's hardly in his cage I'm kind of liking the playtop & I think this one may be sturdier.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
It's no aviary, but it's still slightly larger than Buzz's current cage & it's a good deal.

$617 after tax & free shipping at Petco
View attachment 363631
So far it's a toss up between this and the Prevue Empire. They're both the same end price, but since he's hardly in his cage I'm kind of liking the playtop & I think this one may be sturdier.
This is the cage Seamus is currently in. He likes that he can hang upside down in it even with the playtop. He doesn’t use the playtop at all, but that’s prob just a Seamus thing. It’s a very sturdy, well made cage and easy to clean.

Last edited:

Aves

Oh wait I just opened the link of the prevue empire and it is $450?

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Oh wait I just opened the link of the prevue empire and it is $450?
It comes to $617 for me after shipping. But Tractor Supply usually has a few good deals each Black Friday, so I'll definitely be checking to see if there's any price drop or free shipping options. ;)