• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Black capped conure basic information

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I need some info on the personality of black capped conures. Can't find any thread on them... Someone please help me. I think @webchirp must be an authority. All you conure- parents, please help.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm trying to think who has a Black Capped. Umm @JosienBB comes to mind.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very similar personality to a GCC from what i have read just as sociable. i know someone on here has one but cant recal who.
Maybe @KiwiConure

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Almost had a blackcap awhile back but alas no information from me. -

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Leih Has a BCC named Galahad :)

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My BCC is extremely sweet but also a total jerk at times. He's impatient and has me well trained he loves to cuddle and is very protective of me. What specifically do you want to know?

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My BCC is extremely sweet but also a total jerk at times. He's impatient and has me well trained he loves to cuddle and is very protective of me. What specifically do you want to know?
Just about their personality, in general. Are they laid back? Are they aggressive... This sort of things. Though every bird is different and special, there should be some traits...

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Basically, the 'good bad ugly about BCCs' :laugh:

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you... I was reading posts about Tui (Glimmer)

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’ve had many black caps. Just like all birds, each individual will have their own personality, so it’s hard to generalize. I’ve had maybe 3 (out of 25 or 30) BCC that were as sweet as the best GCC can be. But generally I have found BCC to be a mite more fractious. Maybe a bit more temperamental in nature. They’re gorgeous and most of the time they know it! The majority of them preferred bird company to human, and when the hormones hit things can get rough- but that’s the same no matter the species. They have a reputation of being “quiet birds” but I think that’s just a made up marketing/selling point- compared to any Aratinga, for sure Pyrrhura are quieter but nobody kid themselves, Pyrrhura can squawk up a ear piercing storm when the notion strikes. Many conures can be bitey little angry bats, and BCCs are no exception. Care and caging is the same as for a GCC. Lifespan pretty similar as well.
Pictures required if you have a new addition!!

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you so much... I came to know about a BCC recently. But obviously, I need to read and think before any addition.

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
My BCC, Max, is the cling-on bird of stay. He’s sweet and cuddly most of the time, but he can fly off the handle for the slightest perceived threat. He’s nippy, as is Gus, my GCC. Max is very demanding of my time and attention. He doesn’t care for strangers and is very cautious. Our new Quaker is proving to be just as demanding as Max. I love them and wouldn’t have it any other way, but bird-love isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you so much.