• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Biting Problems

xoleumas

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sam
Hey guys, so I've recently gotten a Green Cheek Conure. She is really sweet but she has one issue, she bites. I know that this is a common bad habit for some birds and I try to be patient with her help her overcome her bad habit, but I find myself lost in this. It's only fingers and hands. She nibbles on ears, but she is very gentle with ears so it's not really an issue. She's made me bleed a lot and I also don't know why she bites. She likes to be on my arm and likes my shoulders. She also seems to enjoy petting and moves her head in the position where she likes to be pet. I've tried multiple techniques the past few days and they don't seem to help. If anything, they make her bite harder. Out of my 4 birds I've owned, I've never had to deal with biting. Any help? Or has anyone had this issue as well?

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
Check out the training court for advice

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
Hey guys, so I've recently gotten a Green Cheek Conure. She is really sweet but she has one issue, she bites. I know that this is a common bad habit for some birds and I try to be patient with her help her overcome her bad habit, but I find myself lost in this. It's only fingers and hands. She nibbles on ears, but she is very gentle with ears so it's not really an issue. She's made me bleed a lot and I also don't know why she bites. She likes to be on my arm and likes my shoulders. She also seems to enjoy petting and moves her head in the position where she likes to be pet. I've tried multiple techniques the past few days and they don't seem to help. If anything, they make her bite harder. Out of my 4 birds I've owned, I've never had to deal with biting. Any help? Or has anyone had this issue as well?
Could she be territorial to someone? My ysgcc used to bite my father alot as he couldn't spend alot of time with him due to work. He also bites people whom he does not know. The situation with my father is better now and he has calmed down and I hope it happens for you too. :bighug:

xoleumas

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sam
Could she be territorial to someone? My ysgcc used to bite my father alot as he couldn't spend alot of time with him due to work. He also bites people whom he does not know. The situation with my father is better now and he has calmed down and I hope it happens for you too. :bighug:
I managed to fix the issue. She no longer bites my fingers! It took a lot of work, but now I can love her without having to be cautious.