• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Biting and attacking problem

Sergio

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi, im new to birds my boyfriend always had birds so he decided to get an GCC. He is nearly 7 months now and has always been very lovely, but recently he has become very aggressive. Chasing me down to bite my hands and arms to the point i can't even pick him up without having several deep bleeds from my hands. Im really desperate and don't know what to do. He is mostly aggressive towards me, but also from time to time to my boyfriend. Can somebody give me advice or help on how to handle him when he is full on attacking me and how to solve the issue.

Sergio

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi, im new to birds my boyfriend always had birds so he decided to get an GCC. He is nearly 7 months now and has always been very lovely, but recently he has become very aggressive. Chasing me down to bite my hands and arms to the point i can't even pick him up without having several deep bleeds from my hands. Im really desperate and don't know what to do. He is mostly aggressive towards me, but also from time to time to my boyfriend. Can somebody give me advice or help on how to handle him when he is full on attacking me and how to solve the issue.
Forgot to mention, the attacking is worse when my boyfriend isn't around...

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Sergio :)

I think maybe this article can help;

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
I experienced the same thing with my conure and what helped him stop biting specific people was putting a bowl in his cage and dropping his favourite treat in it whenever someone walked by. You should also try point training in the cage, and if you haven't already, just sit next to him while he is in his cage and talk to him.