• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bismo the Senegal

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
She's so cute!
I can't believe how chill she is! Happy to be near me, but not ON me like Tikki. And I can leave the room without her. Lol Her only thing is refusal to get in her cage! She runs to the middle of my back, so I usually end up taking it off and putting my whole shirt in the cage with her clung to it :rofl:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I can't believe how chill she is! Happy to be near me, but not ON me like Tikki. And I can leave the room without her. Lol Her only thing is refusal to get in her cage! She runs to the middle of my back, so I usually end up taking it off and putting my whole shirt in the cage with her clung to it :rofl:
Yeah Ripley is like that too with the "near but not on". He does whistle and car alarm if I leave the room too long though :lol:

The secret to getting Ripley in his cage is bribery :p Almonds specifically!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
:congrats5:

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
I don't think it's necessary for them to be sedated to remove a leg band. I would wait though until she is officially yours or mention it to the owners prior to the vet appointment just to make sure they have no objections in case they decide to take her back. All of my birds are banded and have been 13 years. Just make sure there isn't anything in the cage they can get it caught on. I've always been leery of the woven grass mats and vine balls... I look at those things as a leg trap.
I opted to keep the leg band for now, it seems to be fitting okay, and I'll just be vigilant with toys.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congrats! :)