• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birds tricks chop anyone?

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
Hi, I'm not a big fan of Bird Tricks - and their cost is pretty high for the program. So you might try some other methods first. Do you have this book? it is full of great nutrition information.

Also there's a FB group.... ah heck I can't log in right now.... hunt for the THRIVE parrot program, that should get you close to the free group.

As far as making that much food at once. JMO, I wouldn't. You might want to change it up a little or your bird might not like it.

I actually have been making mine daily for quite some time instead of freezing. I don't know why! Just got started that way and didn't stop.

My caiques *LOVE* peppers. My pionus can take 'em or leave 'em.

Here's a little hype for that book.

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
I’m following and also joined the Facebook group now with Jason Crean” Avian whole Food Raw Nutrition”.
It’s really s great source for information on raw foods and nutrition.

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I’m following and also joined the Facebook group now with Jason Crean” Avian whole Food Raw Nutrition”.
It’s really s great source for information on raw foods and nutrition.
Thank you for straightening me out on the FB group name, Tinabell! :lol:

clawnz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Clive
Bird Tricks is not one I would ever follow, recommend, or take any notice of.

I was around when they set up shop.
Stealing other peoples work is what they were good at.
They saw a way to make money off of bird people.
They were the pits, once they got their hooks into you.

I doubt any stuff they have is there own.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Bird Tricks is not one I would ever follow, recommend, or take any notice of.

I was around when they set up shop.
Stealing other peoples work is what they were good at.
They saw a way to make money off of bird people.
They were the pits, once they got their hooks into you.

I doubt any stuff they have is there own.
And now, the brother (I think) is suddenly a dog training expert and selling expensive training packages.

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
I bought the cookbook in the video
Farlie sent. I’m excited to use it and read through it.

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
My new cookbook arrived “ A Parrot’s Fine Cuisine Cookbook”.its awesome!
I love it . Incredible amount of information and wonderful recipes.
I’m so happy I returned the other cookbooks and bought this one! Thank you everyone for recommending it!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
That's great news, I am glad you like it. I always worry when I recommend something, that the person won't like it. LOL

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
It was a great recommendation and fits in perfectly with the FB group you told me about. The book is so informative and super recipes. I like it better than Birdtricks . Their books had nice recipes , but nothing like the detail and explanations that are in this cookbook .
Thank you

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
It was a great recommendation and fits in perfectly with the FB group you told me about. The book is so informative and super recipes. I like it better than Birdtricks . Their books had nice recipes , but nothing like the detail and explanations that are in this cookbook .
Thank you
:)

Guava123

Walking the driveway
I have a "base" chop I make to last 6/7 weeks and add other things to it. All fruit is fresh daily and not mixed His base is something like this, dandelion greens, rainbow chard, kale, radish greens, radishes, carrots, brown rice, quinoa, yams mixed with turmeric and cinnamon. Add to that peas, corn etc.maybe some grated ginger. He has 3 fruits along with that at breakfast, 3 other types of fruit at dinner. An almond and green apple at lunch. My smaller birds eat this at breakfast and have their pellets and seed throughout the day but do get more fruit in the evening. My birds are super spoiled. I'm constantly reminded by my daughter that I need to eat like my birds.
Fruits should be given twice a week, according to BirdTricks.

waterloggedfun

Checking out the neighborhood
Fruits should be given twice a week, according to BirdTricks.
Fruit can be given twice a week, as a treat, but it is not necessary. I've consulted with BirdTricks many times over the years and can attest that they have done extensive research on everything they recommend. They are a business, like any other and of course sell products, but so much of their information is available for free on youtube and on their blog. I would love to see more support of businesses trying to do right by birds. As far as nutritional experts go for parrots, are there really any? All the biologists and avian veterinarians I've talked to have each recommended different "ideal" diets. All we can do is our best with the information we have, take our birds to the vet regularly and adjust diet/care as needed. :heart: