• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird's toe is messed up?

birdylover123

Checking out the neighborhood
I have a green cheek conure. He recently broke one of his nails and I had to clean it up. Now, when I am playing with him, I see that I can bend that toe back pretty far without him noticing or feeling any pain. It also doesn't look like it bend very well when he is just on the floor. He also bites and picks at that foot a lot with his beak and nibbles on that toe. I want to make sure he is okay, but he does not seem like he is in any pain.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Welcome to the Avenue:) Please take Your bird to a Avian Vet:hug8:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I have a green cheek conure. He recently broke one of his nails and I had to clean it up. Now, when I am playing with him, I see that I can bend that toe back pretty far without him noticing or feeling any pain. It also doesn't look like it bend very well when he is just on the floor. He also bites and picks at that foot a lot with his beak and nibbles on that toe. I want to make sure he is okay, but he does not seem like he is in any pain.
What do you mean by "had to clean it up"? Did you have to cut part off? Sounds like there could be some nerve damage just by your description of being able to bend it like that, the lack of natural use and his messing with it. Would definitely go in for a vet check to make sure all is well.

birdylover123

Checking out the neighborhood
HI thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it.
What I meant by clean it up is just cleaning a little bit of blood off and making sure he was okay. My dad does not want to take him to the vet because he says he is not in any pain and can walk and stand on a perch normally but I've been trying to convince him to bring my little conure. He doesn't seem like he is in any pain but I would still like to take him to a vet if my dad lets me.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
My dad does not want to take him to the vet because he says he is not in any pain
And how did he know that? Bird never show us that they are in pain or are sick. Tell your dad that!