• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent BIRDS LOOK HORRIBLE

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Was there anybody that new you were going away that would do something harmful to them? Any cleaning person that comes in? Just trying to figure out what could have happened. I’m glad your dad will take them to the vet, and I hope they both will be okay!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Important to notice if any cleaning products or liquids were out of place so you have some idea if possible what is was & what to be on the look out as it could affect there health. Also important to note as someone familiar to you & your where abouts is destructive & may do this again.

Hope everything will be OK with them///

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
How are your birds doing today @Atomicor?

Atomicor

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Isabel
We took them to one of the vets that said their exotics was there, we got there and they were at lunch, we waited, they finally got back just to tell me nothing appeared wrong and charged us a $120 walk in emergency fee, ridiculous considering we waited an hour for her lunch. They both look completely normal now and they are both acting normal. This whole situation sucks because she didn’t have many tail feathers to begin with and now she only has three. He had full tail feathers, almost all of his flight feathers were completely grown in from when I got him (she clipped him) and now he only has four tail feathers that I can see. But, they seem happy so far, I’m just thankful they aren’t dead.

Attachments

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm so glad they're ok, but, wait! The vet clipped him? Did she ask or just do it,,,

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Your birds are beautiful, I’m thankful that they are okay.

thanks for updating us.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Atomicor That's a relief, but keep an eye on the for awhile.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so glad they seem okay, and it’s good you took them to the vet even though it might feel like it wasn’t necessary.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
The feathers will grow back in time. Sorry about your vet experience. When birds are frightened they can and do drop feathers.

Atomicor

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Isabel
I'm so glad they're ok, but, wait! The vet clipped him? Did she ask or just do it,,,
No no sorry, the breeder I got pixel from (male) clipped his first three primary’s and I’ve let them grow in, her feathers still haven’t grown in and I’ve had her since March, she has two tails left and he has three , he has pretty much full flights in.

BOTH BIRDS PICTURED

Attachments