• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birdie Toy Heaven! Spent less than $10! Hours of Entertainment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
I originally got this for my lovebird, she likes to hide in my q-tip box with a bunch of string. I thought Dolce would be scared of it but she had a great time in the box of crepe paper. The box was $3 and the rolls of crepe paper was only 99 cents. Its also a nice little box to take the birdies to the vet. Here's a video, too:
YouTube - Cockatiel Playing in a Box of Crepe Paper
IMG_2546.jpg
This is a hula girl grass skirt I got at Hobby Lobby for $4!
IMG_2542.jpg
It has sea shells on it, too! Woohoo! Velvet had a good time with it, too, but I didn't take pictures while she was in there.
IMG_2540.jpg

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Loved the video- so cute!, everything from Hobby Lobby? There's no Hobby Lobby where I live :( but I did go to one when i visited my sister in NC.

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
Do you have a Micheal's? I bet you they would have all the same stuff there. You could get the grass skirt at a Party Pig or Party City, too. You can get crepe paper rolls almost anywhere.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Do you have a Micheal's? I bet you they would have all the same stuff there. You could get the grass skirt at a Party Pig or Party City, too. You can get crepe paper rolls almost anywhere.
My Michael's birdie list is getting BIG hahaha, I do have a Michaels :D

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
BTW, it's probably best that you don't have a Hobby Lobby near you, Martine. That place is ADDICTING!

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
Great ideas. I am going to try the crepe paper idea with my Rosy Bourke. She loves paper:)
I think all birds do! I don't know why I've spent all that money on toys when they'd rather chew on the newspaper! :p

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
that's awesome... I saw the rols of crepe paper when I was at my local $store last week... but I wondered about the dyes in it.... but they do have white! :lol:

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
I hope you don't mind, I borrowed your picture of your tiel with the grass hula skirt. A friend of mine just discovered her Hobby Lobby after I was telling her about our new Hobby Lobby. I'm sure she will go back and get that skirt, just as I will today LOL

By the way, HL has a website with coupons to print out. Some up to 40% :highfive:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I love the grass skirt!!!

I need to find a Hobby Lobby! JUst looked...there are none in NJ. :(

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
I hope you don't mind, I borrowed your picture of your tiel with the grass hula skirt. A friend of mine just discovered her Hobby Lobby after I was telling her about our new Hobby Lobby. I'm sure she will go back and get that skirt, just as I will today LOL

By the way, HL has a website with coupons to print out. Some up to 40% :highfive:
Of course I don't mind! :dancing:
Thanks for the heads up on the website! I could have used that coupon yesterday on the grass skirt- that was the only thing that I paid full price for! Although I cant complain about 4 bucks. :p I know that if it had been labeled as "bird toy", it would have been at least $30! :rofl: Everything else was 50% off. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.