• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birdie preening and health

Status
Not open for further replies.

GypsyWitch

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Lynn
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this. My baby GCC loves to preen hair. That's all well and good and I'd love to let him continue, it's just that I use different hair products to tame my mustang hair (it's long and curly) and I'm worried that Mo might get sick from them. Is that something I have to worry about? I prefer to be a little too cautious when it comes to him than not cautious enough. He's quickly weasled his way into our hearts:heart:.
Thanks!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I stopped using all products in my hair, especially hair spray. What kind of stuff do you use now?

Ginger

GypsyWitch

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Lynn
I've gone to using just one since I got him. It's Catwalk Curls Rock creme. I don't allow him on my shoulders or to play with my hair.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
It can make them very sick. BF told me this, and to be careful not to let them.

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
Lynn maybe when you have just washed all the product out of your hair you could allow a little preen session.

Having things other than themselves keeps them from over-preening themselves, which can become habit forming and then you could have problem with a naked bird.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.