• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birdie Poop Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickadee

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Monica
My birdie is suddenly pooping reddish/brown... I can't think of anything out of the ordinary that I've given him to eat. Should I be alarmed?

kebz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Emily
Does he have coloured pellets? Or have you given him any food that is red in colour?

When our bird have different fruits like pomegranate etc it changes the colour of their poo..

chickadee

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Monica
Well yes he has muti-colored pellets and he likes eating the papaya and raisin in the seed mix ... I guess I'm just like a new mommy. .. worried about everything.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
if this is the same food he's been eating for a while, it usually doesn't distrub the color of thier poop any more once their body is used to it

all my birds eat Fruit Blend Pellets, none have multicolored poop any more (except for any newbies - now mostly weaning babies) they all have raisins /papaya etc. in their seed mix and eat that and no poop color change

Abnormal bird droppings

http://www.birdtricks.com/blog/what-your-parrots-poop-can-tell-you/

also i read a while back (trying to find that page now) that poop color change can also be a sign of Metal Toxicity

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.