• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birdie Bread & Hubby

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tammie
Well, tonight I cooked dinner for DH. He had a nice roast, cream potatoes, corn, and rolls. I decided that since the oven was hot to make a batch of birdie bread! The birdie bread came out of the oven about 10 minutes after everything else, so I put it on the stovetop to cool.
After dinner I went outside to the breeder room and checked on everyone, came back in and noticed a spoonful of the birdie bread was missing!! I knew as soon as I saw it that hubby thought it was for him. I mentioned it to him and he said he hated to tell me, but that was the worst thing I've ever cooked for him! He couldn't believe the birds dove right into it!!
Guess that'll teach him to eat before it's served.:hehe:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:lol: The 1st time I made birdie bread I took it out and left it to cool. My son comes home from work and I hear him in the kitchen and then pretty soon he comes in the living room saying Oh gross those are the worst tasting bars you have every made. Hubby and I just roared laughing about it :hehe:

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Hahaha - my kids fell victim to a similar situation. We often bake together, and I always let them lick the spoon. Well, the first time we made bird bread (from Avian Organics) my daughter just assumed she could lick the spoon - took a huge lick, followed by her sister, and then the yucky faces and spitting ensued!! LOL

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:lol:Thats just to funny about your husband.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
:rofl::rofl:

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
OMG, that is soooooo funny. Been there and done that, but I was the one who forgot and licked the spoon :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Please take pics when hubby starts growing feathers. :lol:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
hahaha- that is just too funny, LOL!

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
the funny thing is I can totally picture the whole thing happening.. :lol: :rofl:

tammie

Real Name
Tammie
I knew immediately what happened when I saw the missing bread. At a fish fry years ago he grabbed what he thought was a hushpuppy off of a plate, the lady holding the plate was holding in a huge laugh as he took a bite of fish eggs!! He said that was really bad and our friend picks on him today about that. Guess some men never learn.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I kinda played a joke on my step dad once with some yogies (rat treats) I gave him one and just didn't say anything, he ate it and then I told him it was a rat treat. He spit it out but told me it didn't taste that bad. :lol:

Glowbird

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Yep, my husband has eaten birdy bread. He said it tasted pretty good, except for the odd texture (I puree the egg shell and all)

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
I put too much fruit in my bread, I use apple juice instead of water, because it tastes pretty good. The cayenne pepper makes it a bit spicy but then I love hot foods. :D

Peek-a-Boo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Abby
Hehe! That is too funny!

My two year old daughter loves making birdie bread with me because she can put handfuls of everything in it and we don't have to measure. She also thinks it tastes great. Thats one way to get the veggies in her!

Status
Not open for further replies.