• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birdie Advice please

Birdlady2u

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Nicky
Hi,
I have several birds. I love them all and try to share my love for them with others. Does any one have any advice on easy ways to tame down baby parakeets? And I have a pair of beautiful Quaker parrots who have a room all to their own. They are old enough to breed and are always loving up on one another but never have. Any advice there? I also have cockatiels but they don’t want to breed either I think I am doing something wrong.Many thanks!

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
:welcomegroup:

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Hi, about the breeding are you ready to breed? Have you done enough research? Do you have homes lined up for them? I think @BrianB has better answers for you.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Baby parakeets take time and patience. We call them piranha-keets because they bite so much when they are babies. Once they get past the hand feeding stage they are better. For keets it's all about the time you invest in handling them.

Have you had the Quakers DNA tested to make sure you have a true pair and not a same-sex pair? Are they old enough to breed and have you provided them with an appropriate sized nest box?

Cockatiels will breed without restraint if you let them. Are they old enough, are they sexed, and have you provided them the right sized nest box? I breed cockatiels but I only give them a nest box between November and June. I'm not sure where you live, but it may not be a good season for them.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:welcomesign:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran