• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birdbath mayhem

EonWolf

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hannah
Just wanted to share the wonderful experience for you all to laugh at or sympathize with.
Dragon, my beautiful, playful, wonderful, chaotic little Crimson Bellied Conure has a wellness check-up with his bird-vet tomorrow. I had been regularly offering a bowl of water to bathe in every couple of days, so that he could have fun and splash around should he chose to (and he often does). It’s important to note, that I skipped out on offering him a bath yesterday so that I could offer it today, so he’d be nice and clean for the vet. Well… I was running errands and a measly hour late to when I normally go to spend time with him (this was my downfall). So when I go back with his bath bowl of warm water I open the cage to… an already wet bird.
This is not a problem, he’s perfectly happy with himself but I’m horrified to discover which bowl he decided to bathe in. He has two water bowls. One is farther from his food dish (and subsequently a lot cleaner), the other one is nearby because he eats his pellets like a duckling dipping them in water and making an oatmeal-ish mess. I change this water frequently, but as I said I was running errands.

I bet you can guess which bowl he decided to use for bath-time…:crycry2:

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Your signature is stunning! Dragon is such a cute name.
Birds will always choose the option with food in it...:banghead:

Shannan

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian