• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Watcher for a Vacation???

Cosette Gagne

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Cosette Gagne
Wanted to post this where it might get the most traffic!

I'm a new bird owner and have a GCC of 6 months old (my first bird). I am planning a week long vacation in mid July and have no idea where to start with finding a service that will watch my bird while I am gone. Do those services exist? If so, how do I find one near me? If anyone could give me any sound advice that would be amazing.
I have reached out to close friends & family that I would trust with the bird and it is just not feasible for them. I have also contacted my breeder but no response yet.

Thank you!!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm blessed. I have family that cares for mine.

Did you check with your avian vet for recommendations?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Have you asked your AV if they board birds?

There are also (depending on area) people who will come to your home to do bird care and check in on them a couple of times each day.

It may help to let the members know where about you live (local area, not exact address lol) so the recommendations can possibly apply to the area you’re from.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I have a neighbor who comes over to take care of my birds, but I have also done an internet search for pet sitters in my area just in case. I did find a couple that sound like they would be good with birds also, so maybe you would have luck doing a search that way. Asking vets or rescue organizations if they have recommendations is also a good idea.

Cosette Gagne

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Cosette Gagne
It may help to let the members know where about you live (local area, not exact address lol) so the recommendations can possibly apply to the area you’re from.
I live in Northeast CT. Probably a stretch trying to get recommendations though. Definitely will check with local vets. Thanks!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I found a pet sitter through Care.com.