• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird wall

debraricci

Moving in
Real Name
Debra Ricci
Hi all! I'm seeking inspiration on a wall 8' x 12' to make into the daytime play area for my B&G Macaw Bogie and my sweet umbrella cockatoo Geno. No unfortunately they do not get along. It feels like I live in a polyrelationship household w two insecure, bipolar, jealous, controlling, needy and abusive husbands...lol...I want nothing else more in my life....just love my boys! Well...ive decided to make a play wall instead of just two separate stands for their day time. I really need inspiration. Mainly I'd love to create more activity areas but greatly reduced the mess n poop. They need not to touch each other and the best is a pedistal stand to prevent wandering and safer. So my thoughts were securing in studs n hanging..no trunks or stands touching the floor at all...but something to catch the ick. So I'm reaching out to all of your(s) experience n wisdom(s). It is in my dining area so maybe halfway ok kinda nice matching theme (asking to much?) But now I e been reading on nets made w rope...are they safe?? Oil?? The poop catching debris catching bottom is my biggest hurdle. I was going to buy two to three tv cabinets and build a flat base on them but boy that'd be so ugly. Thanks in advance for all your ideas, thoughts n wisdoms. Its their Xmas gift from Santa...even though they are spoiled stinkers acting badly daily...lol Thanks n happy holidays!

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
:bump7:

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have one of the large nets. We use it in the outside aviary. My B&G Macaw loves it. I'd suggest boings or orbs too. You'd need to hang them from the ceiling tho. You may consider also using ceiling protectors to prevent them from chewing the ceiling. As for floor mess....how about those plastic desk mats.

mrs.shanap

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Shana
Hi all! I'm seeking inspiration on a wall 8' x 12' to make into the daytime play area for my B&G Macaw Bogie and my sweet umbrella cockatoo Geno. No unfortunately they do not get along. It feels like I live in a polyrelationship household w two insecure, bipolar, jealous, controlling, needy and abusive husbands...lol...I want nothing else more in my life....just love my boys! Well...ive decided to make a play wall instead of just two separate stands for their day time. I really need inspiration. Mainly I'd love to create more activity areas but greatly reduced the mess n poop. They need not to touch each other and the best is a pedistal stand to prevent wandering and safer. So my thoughts were securing in studs n hanging..no trunks or stands touching the floor at all...but something to catch the ick. So I'm reaching out to all of your(s) experience n wisdom(s). It is in my dining area so maybe halfway ok kinda nice matching theme (asking to much?) But now I e been reading on nets made w rope...are they safe?? Oil?? The poop catching debris catching bottom is my biggest hurdle. I was going to buy two to three tv cabinets and build a flat base on them but boy that'd be so ugly. Thanks in advance for all your ideas, thoughts n wisdoms. Its their Xmas gift from Santa...even though they are spoiled stinkers acting badly daily...lol Thanks n happy holidays!
Bogie, is he about 23 years old now?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!