• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird toys

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
You could always keep the toilet paper roll away from the toilet like store it under the sink and only take what you need. Also, I would always keep the lid down when you flush if you can’t do that. If you’re really worried you can always bake the toilet paper rolls on the lowest setting for about 20 mins (monitored of course).
Yeah no! How about just not chancing giving something to my bird that has spent it’s usable life in the toilet. I have issues with germ spreading and I am totally aware of how much stuff does not stay totally in the toilet bowl. Shutting the lid to flush does reduce some grossness but as the room is designed for waste there is no way to have something come out of there that is totally sanitary.

Would you feel it’s ok to store your cereal boxes in the toilet? I wouldn’t so my birds will never get rolls from there!

I only give and only ever will give roll tubes that have been used and emptied in the main living areas of my home- I use the loo paper to pick up bird poop so those rolls are clean and safe.

HarleyQ

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Johnathon
Yeah no! How about just not chancing giving something to my bird that has spent it’s usable life in the toilet. I have issues with germ spreading and I am totally aware of how much stuff does not stay totally in the toilet bowl. Shutting the lid to flush does reduce some grossness but as the room is designed for waste there is no way to have something come out of there that is totally sanitary.

Would you feel it’s ok to store your cereal boxes in the toilet? I wouldn’t so my birds will never get rolls from there!

I only give and only ever will give roll tubes that have been used and emptied in the main living areas of my home- I use the loo paper to pick up bird poop so those rolls are clean and safe.
Again, baking at a low temperature like 170-200 degrees will take care of ecoli, salmonella, MRSA, streptococcus, etc. The keyboard on your computer, your phone, even clean laundry likely has more bacteria than your bathroom does.

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
My budgies' favorite toy is a piece of paper with strips cut into it. Then the paper is folded and tied with a string. My budgies pull on that for ages every day. This is the best picture I could find of it right now. I'll take a better picture tomorrow. (Also, don't mind Sprite's appearance in that photo. She just took a bath).

View attachment 371199
Here are some better photos. I meant to post these earlier but I kept forgetting. :ashamed1:

IMG_20210127_162218811.jpg
IMG_20210127_162534146.jpg