• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird..stroller..?

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Am attempting to start harness training my birds. Some (new) have never been outside except when the cages are moved to the porch. I noticed today when one was on the Wingdow, and a huge airplane flew over the house really low, that he got freaked out...it was very loud. As part of the 'training before harness training' I'd like to start taking them for short/brief walks in the carrier, however it's just not practical to walk around with a heavy carrier. I'd like for them to be accustomed to the sights and sounds of actually walking outdoors before they make that big leap with the harness.
Has anyone used a bird stroller? Whether bought or home made? Just curious if anyone has taken this approach..

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Awesome!! :D

Peppo

Sprinting down the street
Expensive stroller but worth it. We can go anywhere, tires are great. I researched until I found the only stroller that would accommodate his travel cage. We go on long walks every day in good weather. He knows all of his neighbors and greets them all! I chose this setup so it is safe from unleashed dogs and if it rains we have a nice canopy. Could care less what some people think.

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
I love it and it fits perfectly. It looks very safe. I have two kids and I used to have a stroller like that..air tires right? I should have kept it!

Peppo

Sprinting down the street
Yes, air tires. Makes a smooth ride and so easy to manuever. Do it, you'll love it. A happy Amazon is a happy parront!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Pet gear no zip double wide stroller, AA Poquito cage.
Thanks. I thought there was a child stroller someone used to modify for the backpack.

I want to figure out a way to put a king's aluminum cage (medium) with the backpack on top on a stroller. It's yard sale time so I need to figure out which brand can be modified.

@JLcribber @Macawnutz any thoughts?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Mine would carry a backpack cage. We removed the child seat and if we wanted it would hold a travel carrier.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Mine would carry a backpack cage. We removed the child seat and if we wanted it would hold a travel carrier.
So what brand of stroller do you have?

Hubby will have to do the adaptation.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Thanks. I thought there was a child stroller someone used to modify for the backpack.

I want to figure out a way to put a king's aluminum cage (medium) with the backpack on top on a stroller. It's yard sale time so I need to figure out which brand can be modified.

@JLcribber @Macawnutz any thoughts?

Thats all going to depend on what kind of buggy you can find. The right kind of buggy and you can load it up with whatever you want.

And a few tools. :D

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
I converted a child's double stroller I found at a garage sale into a bird stroller. Just popped a couple pins out so that both seats lie flat and I can get 2 travel cages in it. The cages are smaller parakeet cages for the conures, though. I don't have any current pictures. Now that I have 3 birds, I have to rethink the stroller thing. Maybe time to upgrade!!