• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Store Feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
I am just beginning to sell toys, but only locally, for walk in, pick up type of thing - out of my accounting office! May I ask what types of problems you've had? I'm new to selling products and want to ensure I'm doing things right!! Mostly, by lowering overhead costs for one! I already have retail space, so I hope my prices are low enough to help people out! I don't want to see any bored birds! Anyway, I'd love to hear what the complaints are so I don't make the mistakes!
:welcomesign: to the Avian Avenue, Lisa! :)

Would like to know more about your business. :cool3:

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
I always had good luck with Dr. Fosters and Smith and a little place called Peachfacedtoys.com (Abby and Elvis can be seen on the fan page there. They don't have a lot but they do have natural type toys that Abby and Elvis will actually play with.)
I love online shopping, this is a great idea. Christmas is coming up and I am planning on spoiling the fids something terrible for it.

Trice

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trice
That's a excellent way of helping us all benefit from online / or store ordering.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am just beginning to sell toys, but only locally, for walk in, pick up type of thing - out of my accounting office! May I ask what types of problems you've had? I'm new to selling products and want to ensure I'm doing things right!! Mostly, by lowering overhead costs for one! I already have retail space, so I hope my prices are low enough to help people out! I don't want to see any bored birds! Anyway, I'd love to hear what the complaints are so I don't make the mistakes!
Welcome Lisa!

You will do great if you follow two key things - good communication with your customers, and fufilling orders in a timely manner.

These are the biggest things that there have been problems with with a few vendors. People dont generally mind waiting on something custom done, bt they should have a time frame on wen to expect it.

Some places that make toys, playstands, etc to order will take a little longer since they have to put everything together. People understand and expect this if you are up front about it.

There are two vendors in recent history (that I am aware of) that have accepted money for goods that have not been delivered in a timely manner (or in some cases, at all). Stay away from that situation and you'll be just fine! :)

Besta3

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jackie
okay. Would it be wrong to tell us who these guys are? I am trying to buy cage liners and found a group the perchstore.net with the lowest price. Are they one of the 2 that you know of?

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
wow True Aviary is lightning fast! I already got a custom reply from Tamara telling me that my order has been sent to the warehouse. Now that's service :)
I agree! I had some questions, I got a return email within a couple of hours (if that) and an email when my items shipped. I can't wait to get them!

Tamara

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tamara R Money
okay. Would it be wrong to tell us who these guys are? I am trying to buy cage liners and found a group the perchstore.net with the lowest price. Are they one of the 2 that you know of?
What kindof cage liners are you looking for? I may be able to carry them as well since we have the same warehouse. ;)

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
There ya go, TLA carries those liners too!

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
;) We are doing a toy sale with the current promotions... just through Monday... ;);););)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I've had good luck with Parrot and Conure World. I order my Harrison's pellets from them, I like their prices, and (knock on wood) have had great service.

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Do we have this section (online vendor reviews and ratings) up? If not, I'd love to ask if anyone's ordered from mybirdcage.com and what their experience there was?

Looking for a reliable site to order the HQ divided double macaw cage...

hsmoscout

I've never ordered a parrot item online :omg: I get everything at the local bird store (www.vbirdshop.com in case you live near St. Louis or are going to visit sometime in the future) . :D

RAC

Sprinting down the street
whats stores do u all hate if it starts with a website that u left just write the letter P down Capital P though

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Alex, I appreciate your post but we really don't want to bring attention to other boards/stores like that. Better to leave them be. :)

trout

Real Name
Bobby
Local bird store here is almost 90 minutes away so I rely on online ordering a lot.

Right now I'm pretty sure everyone knows the problems with that store, maybe down the line it would be good to have a record that numerous people were ripped off but we should always avoid bashing a store. Wouldn't want a helpful post taken down for being abusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.