• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent bird standing on one foot

aaaziz

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
aisha
recently Shenron has been into a bad accident with falling to the floor of his cage and it looked like he was in a state of shock and two of his back nails of his left foot broke off. i took him to the vet right away and they said that he's find and nothing seems broken but he's just in the state of shock. i brought him home and he was standing on one leg for almost a week now. his legs is functional meaning he eats with that foot. he could stand on that foot and even grabs food with that foot. my issue is that he's trying to prevent using that foot while standing and hes starting to peck his back nail that broke and the leg is swollen. i don't have another 700 to spend for him to visit the vet and i cant trust this vet anymore with how they gave shenron back to me. what could i do please? im freaking out. thank you

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
How close to the actual toe did the nail break?
I am wondering if there is maybe an infection, if the nail was close to the skin and ripped it or if the whole nail is missing then there is a possibility of infection.

Even without it being infected it is swollen and obviously causing serious discomfort given your description so I would suggest another vet visit asap.