• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Species & Diseases They are Most Susceptible to

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
wow, great link, Bonnie!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Thanks for the link Bonnie!!

ella86

Checking out the neighborhood
Help i need advice for my cockatiel

I have a question this is my first time here so please forgive me if i mess up. my cockatiel fritoz woke up today with his right eye closed. i notice this when i went to uncover the cage, last night before going to bed he was fine. ive searched online and many people have different response. he doesnt have any discharge or stuff coming out, he just has it closed and its a little swollen. Could this be a scratched cornea? Could one of the other cockatiels have hurt him? what have i done: ive tried bathing him with aloe and purified water, cleaning the eye with purified water, someone told me to buy eye solution to help the eye....he ate so im feeling a little better, but he just sat on his perch sleeping please guys any advice i will take this is my baby were talking about i can not lose him now i know theres something wrong cause usually he is loud and whistling all day and bobbing his head its hurts me to see him like this and if i could trade places i would we go way back please please help any advice is appreciated

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
When a bird is observably in distress then they need to be seen by an avian vet. Please take her to the vet Ella for a checkup.

tammie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tammie
Thanks so much! That's good info to have on hand.

OziPete

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Pete
hello birdlovers,l'm new to this site so be gentle with me hehe..l have had 2 male Cockatiels for the past 2 weeks,1 is healthy and never shuts up,the other one always has a droopy eye and is very quiet but eats well,top of his head is balding(left eye droops,right eye is fine) and he seems to have a block left nostril l'm very novice to these birds only been a Dad for 2 weeks so any suggestions would be gratefully received...thanking you Pete..p.s Opie has the droopy eye...Jax is healthy!!p.p.s they are both White Faced Cockatiels.