• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Species & Diseases They are Most Susceptible to

HawkEagle

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Paulina
Thank you, Bonnie. I have been wanting to read up on Budgie care for a while now- especially health problems- thank you for the link, I already have the contacts of 2 avian vets around my area- I will keep these tips in mind!

Brae

Meeting neighbors
It is so sad that budgies are so prone to tumors. My little Joe Joe was just diagnosed with a renal tumor and is only expected to live another 2 weeks to a month. We have only had him since October. We rescued him from the Gabriel Foundation here in Elizabeth, CO.

Sonrisa

Checking out the neighborhood
Do budgies get sick often and need to be taken to the vet a lot because I am not looking to spend a lot on medical problems

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Do budgies get sick often and need to be taken to the vet a lot because I am not looking to spend a lot on medical problems

Depends on breeding, husbandry, and general care.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Better not to get any bird then as proper food, toy, housing, and vet costs are all up there. They are not "budget" companions by any stretch of the imagination.

avieriley

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Just call me Avie (:
ohhh no I think I have "seed addicts"!

Bonkers

Hit the Road
Real Name
Bonk's Adventure