• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird sneezed a bunch..Should I be worried?

Scarlet&Annie

Strolling the yard
My conure was sneezing several times earlier which worried me.

She was eating some of her seed and sneezed once then got off her bowl and she was like doing something similar to when they're tired and content and they make the that chewing noise.

It was similar to that but without that chewing noise then she'd sneeze a few times.

She sneezed several times off and on.

Should I be worried?
What should I watch for?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It's possible she inhaled something from her food bowl. One off sneezing episode I would not be too concerned, but if she has discharge, her droppings or behavior become abnormal, or she has more sneezing episodes that aren't just a sneeze or two, I would be going to the vet.

Scarlet&Annie

Strolling the yard
I posted in another forum, tried to delete but not sure how.

My conure was eating and sneezed once or twice then hopped off her food bowl and kind of did a motion like when they click their beaks when content/sleepy.
She then sneezed, did this several times.

I listened after she flapped her wings/exerted herself, I wouldn't call it clicking.
Sounded more like wheezy but went away after a moment.

To specify where I was, I was at my grandmas house, she usually is never there with me.
The warm was quite warm in there.

Hope those help^

Any info/help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Scarlet&Annie

Strolling the yard
It's possible she inhaled something from her food bowl. One off sneezing episode I would not be too concerned, but if she has discharge, her droppings or behavior become abnormal, or she has more sneezing episodes that aren't just a sneeze or two, I would be going to the vet.
I listened to her breathing after she flapped her wings a bunch.
I heard a wheezing type noise, don't think it would be considered clicking.

I've heard this in the past when she was sneezy.

Any idea with the wheezing?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I listened to her breathing after she flapped her wings a bunch.
I heard a wheezing type noise, don't think it would be considered clicking.

I've heard this in the past when she was sneezy.

Any idea with the wheezing?
Wheezing makes me nervous. When my Jardine's was wheezy he was having respiratory issues due to nutritional deficiencies. I heard it mostly after he got done flying.

I'd personally have a check up done for my peace of mind.

Scarlet&Annie

Strolling the yard
Wheezing makes me nervous. When my Jardine's was wheezy he was having respiratory issues due to nutritional deficiencies. I heard it mostly after he got done flying.

Even if it's gone away within just a few seconds?
I really only hear it when I hold her really close to my ear.
Only other time it's heard is when she takes a bath and I assume that some water is in her nose?

Scarlet&Annie

Strolling the yard

Also, edit - I'm not sure if you saw originally, I had her at my grandmas for a while, it was pretty warm there, probably dryer then at my grandpas house.
She hasn't been at my grandmas much, does that help at all?

Thank you!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
You know your bird best. If you think it's nothing to worry about maybe it's not. I personally have only heard one of my birds wheeze, and that's Ripley, who was sick. Jingo my Quaker would sneeze when he the humidity was too low and I never heard him wheeze. I've had a green cheek, 2 Quakers, a Hahns, and my Jardine's and only the sick one ever wheezed. That's just my experience

Scarlet&Annie

Strolling the yard
You know your bird best. If you think it's nothing to worry about maybe it's not. I personally have only heard one of my birds wheeze, and that's Ripley, who was sick. Jingo my Quaker would sneeze when he the humidity was too low and I never heard him wheeze. I've had a green cheek, 2 Quakers, a Hahns, and my Jardine's and only the sick one ever wheezed. That's just my experience
Thank you for your help, I'm just a very anxious person and my bird is everything to me.
So, I'm definitely an overthinker.
I haven't heard her sneeze in at least an hour or two.
I'll keep an eye on her and since I haven't taken her to the vet since I got her, I think I'll be scheduling her one in the next 1 to 3 weeks or so.

Thanks again!