• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

bug_inarug

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Juniper
Hi everyone! First-time bird owner here, does anyone know if the following companies are bird-safe?

- Black + Decker
- Our Place
- Breville
- Daewoo
- Revlon (curling irons)
- Hamilton Beach
- TechniVorm / MochaMaster
- Whirlpool ovens

I’m in the process of bird proofing and having a little freak out because of how many things contain PTFE or PFOA
Any help would be amazing!!

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
watching this because i need to know this too lol.

Craftydan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dan Crews
Hate to say this, but . . .

It depends.

Fair chance a few of your items will be "No", many will be "Yes", but we couldn't tell you by brand. For instance, Calphalon makes stainless cookware that is bird-safe, and non-stick that isn't. The brand alone isn't enough info for us to even give you a warm-fuzzy answer, let alone a definite one.

You can contact the OEM, and *SOMETIMES* they will give you a reply whether they've used any PFAS's (the larger class of plastic coatings) in that model. That being said, if you've got something your specifically worried about, give us the model info and a few pics, and maybe we can point out what to watch out for.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Most are not cut and dry. Like Instant Pot brand is GENERALLY safe, but their air fryers are not. It's better to normal on a per item basis. Especially for any brands that have an economy line vs premium line, you're going to have a lot of variation.

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I only use cast iron, glass or stainless steel. I refuse to take the chances. Never was a fan of any man made coating, can't be healthy.