• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird safe plants?

je0409

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
jadie
I have a 2 year old GCC named Kiwi, and I'm looking to become a plant mom. I currently have zero plants and no experience. I plan to do research and make sure all my plants are "pet friendly" (if anyone has any almost impssible to kill, pet friendly plant reccomendations, that would be helpful too lol) because I have a dog and a cat as well. Maybe this is me being overprotective, but because I'm so uneducated on the topic, I was wanting to know if there's anything I should look out for regarding plant and bird safety? Maybe plants to avoid? She's not much of a flier, just bobs for chauffer services, so I'm not too worried about her consuming any, but I have no idea if there's plants that can be dangerous otherwise (releasing smells or anything unwanted into the air? specific care methods to avoid?) Any advice is appreciated! Thank you in advance!!

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
I agree with Aussie bird
Here’s a list of birds safe plants
If you find doubt about a plant, probably safest not to use it.
I decorate my birds cages with leaves and flowers from outside. I use bottle brush, eucalyptus, and lilly Lilly. Those are all bird safe plants.