• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird safe air purifiers??

d_hoover18

Meeting neighbors
Hi everyone,

I figured this is the best place to post about this topic. I currently have a Philips air purifier (not sure of the model because I'm not at home) and I love it... But theres a problem... They discontinued the HEPA filter for it so now thats $400 down the drain. I was looking into the plug-in Breathe Green Air Purifiers but there isn't a lot of information on them.

What does everyone use or recommend?

I'm not trying to spend a ton of money but if thats what it takes to keep the birds safe then that's what I'll do.

Thanks everyone!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
This comes up quite often

Most air purifiers are safe provided:

- They don't use a scented filter
- They don't have an ionizing function

I've been using Holmes TrueHEPA for years personally :)

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi everyone,

I figured this is the best place to post about this topic. I currently have a Philips air purifier (not sure of the model because I'm not at home) and I love it... But theres a problem... They discontinued the HEPA filter for it so now thats $400 down the drain. I was looking into the plug-in Breathe Green Air Purifiers but there isn't a lot of information on them.

What does everyone use or recommend?

I'm not trying to spend a ton of money but if thats what it takes to keep the birds safe then that's what I'll do.

Thanks everyone!
If you google filters for your model you may find them, but they will be generic. I find the generic filters work as good as the original. I have an old Hunter HEPA air purifier & can still get filters for it.