• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Room Must Haves

scoobdoo63

Jogging around the block
Real Name
laurie
My cage or Stormys cage is in my living room. I have his cage sitting on a piece of area rug I bought at wal Mart. It matches the country blue I have in my couch and curtains. I like it better cause the seeds fall on it they stay there and not bounce of

HyacinthWings

Walking the driveway
Real Name
June
Would getting panels of plexiglass and then somehow attaching it to the walls work in making sure that the mess is easy to clean? For the floor, I'm sure used office mats from CL would work as well. Since they're used, they would also be more economical... :)

And for anyone with glass windows that allow the sun to come through, but have birds flying into the glass, I really suggest this product: WindowAlert

hellen

Strolling the yard
Real Name
hellen
what great ideas, i'd like a screen door so i can see my birdy's and they can see me also because my kakariki is a little monkey and always wants to escape. cant leave them on their own, so that way i could watch them without having to keep opening the door to check on them. would that work?

hellen

Strolling the yard
Real Name
hellen
and a shower hat so they cant do poopee's in our hair

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
and a shower hat so they cant do poopee's in our hair

I've been lucky! My birds have only pooped on my head once in all my years, and that's because they were in the cage above me while I was cleaning

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
If you have ground foraging birds a piece of grass may might me a Nice idea, i have a few pieces in my room and my two lovies love it, but they do not Chew it en rately poop in it so I don't have a lot of trouble Cleaning it:)