• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Proofing Wood,

ChanceLove

Moving in
Real Name
Jay
Soo my BF took some sticks and branches and whatnot and set up Chance a beautiful outdoor play area. Only problem is he randomly took the branches from the yard and attached them to the walls/ceilings. I have no idea what kind of wood it is. Soo Chance hasn't been able to use it. BUT I got that stimulus check :D Soo is there a way I can totally birdproof it? Like put cement over it or buy something to make it bird safe? Any ideas/info very much appreciated! :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
If you do not know the kind of wood it is then do not use it. Especially if your bird is big and strong enough to destroy anything you may cover it with.

Can you maybe find somewhere to get new branches and use your stimulus check for a adding more things (like toys, nets, boings) to your free safe branches?

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
If I remember correctly he's a lovely military. I bet he would love to strip bark and make wood chip piles! If they're from your yard, identify your trees, and replace any branches from any that aren't safe. I have found conflicting information about tree types, but there's a basic list around here somewhere. Diy drive maybe?