• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird poop

MotherOfBirbs

Meeting neighbors
Hello everyone! It’s been almost 2 years since I’ve posted. I have 2 female cocktails Echo and Chicken. Both great! And I have a rescued conure Annie. I posted a lot about her before. Trying to get her to step up, trying to get her to hand friendly ext. Well I’ve come to the conclusion she never will be. She has a fear of hands but when I offer her my shoulder she happily accepts, giving kisses and rubbing her cheek on mine. So she’s and I have learned and are great.
ANYWAYS the reason I’m posting in part of the forum is this. My birds-Annie especially- love sitting on my bedroom door. I try to keep up with cleaning up their poops when they happen however the door has some dried poop I can’t seem to get off. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Attachments

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
Bumping for visibility
:bump8:

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
Also maybe warm water and diluted vinegar spray? Helps me with the dried poop on the floors

Cat G

Meeting neighbors
Have been trying to include a picture, but my phone has decided that's illegal today, lol. We got some nature's miracle bird cage cleaner from Petland. Ironically, I haven't used it on the birds' cage yet, but it does a great job on getting the gerbil poop off of their ramps/platforms/house. Just spray on and let it soak for a couple minutes. Says it's safe for birds, but I still only use it in another room because I am ultra anxious about protecting my chirpie boys.

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
Have been trying to include a picture, but my phone has decided that's illegal today, lol. We got some nature's miracle bird cage cleaner from Petland. Ironically, I haven't used it on the birds' cage yet, but it does a great job on getting the gerbil poop off of their ramps/platforms/house. Just spray on and let it soak for a couple minutes. Says it's safe for birds, but I still only use it in another room because I am ultra anxious about protecting my chirpie boys.
I was curious about that also, but I know a lot of members aren't fans so to speak. And I recall when I asked that a diluted vinegar is a safe disinfectant. I use it to wipe down my cage and them every couple months take the cage for a goods soap and water scrub in the shower.

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like Poop Off.
I buy it off of Amazon. It’s the only product I have found to truly be a spray and leave for a few minutes then the poo wipes right up. On textured surfaces (don’t laugh, our house is old and we have a couple orange peel textured walls!) and cracks/crevices like a door a toothbrush might be required after a spray of the Poop Off! but to me, it’s worth the auto ship every month.

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We use the natures miracle as well, but it’s not bird safe when wet, and our avian vet cautions against spraying in the same room as the birds. The isopropyl alcohol can really cause lung irritation when aerosolized. But if you remove the birds, and then clean their room with it, it’s great. Not as good on poo as the Poop Off! but still great at general mess.

MotherOfBirbs

Meeting neighbors
Oh this is brilliant thank you!!

MotherOfBirbs

Meeting neighbors
I like Poop Off.
I buy it off of Amazon. It’s the only product I have found to truly be a spray and leave for a few minutes then the poo wipes right up. On textured surfaces (don’t laugh, our house is old and we have a couple orange peel textured walls!) and cracks/crevices like a door a toothbrush might be required after a spray of the Poop Off! but to me, it’s worth the auto ship every month.

Yay!! Thank you!! I am buying some ASAP