• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bird Poop Guide

WBCmom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Karen
Hey all, does anyone have a DEFINITIVE bird poop guide ?

Ive alway's, scratch that, Mango has always had well formed droppings. On a good diet, added apples in fresh bowl and gave him a nail trim. I have changed his cage liner to see what comes out today. He has never had "mushy" poo, its always been well formed. He wasnt stressed with his nail trim, very calm. Probably over reacting as he is 4.5 months. Tried Google and got all kinds of 'sick poo' pictures. Just not sure. He is a great eater !

I check his food waste and droppings daily, Im weird that way :)

View attachment 398331 View attachment 398331

Attachments

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think i have seen @Mizzely post a pic somewhere

WBCmom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Karen
thanks @Wardy I assume Mizzely will see this thread bc of the @ sign ? New to forum. Again, I think everything is ok, what goes in must come out. New after breakfast liner should tell me more. Maybe he just had too much to drink or the nail trim or the apples....sigh. I am a helicopter bird nerd.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
thanks @Wardy I assume Mizzely will see this thread bc of the @ sign ? New to forum. Again, I think everything is ok, what goes in must come out. New after breakfast liner should tell me more. Maybe he just had too much to drink or the nail trim or the apples....sigh. I am a helicopter bird nerd.
Yes i have tagged Mizzely in so she will see the thread.
If my birds eat chop with cucumber in there droppings are much wetter.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Normal is dependent on what they have been eating. I don't worry about a single poop or even poops that last a couple of hours, unless its something like blood, etc. If you are getting to the 24 to 48 hour mark of consistently bad looking poops, then its time think about a vet.

You can also try to remove everything from the diet except pellets for a day to see if it returns to normal. That kind of gives you a baseline to make it easier to detect issues.

This is what I use:

1638455852248.png

WBCmom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Karen
@Mizzely thank you. I saw that too and find it accurate as well. Im just being a helicopter mom. I did pull his fresh bowl and added more pellets. So far so good. Thanks again

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I understand :hug8: