• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bird Kingdom Niagara Falls

Solayan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Last weekend we went down to Niagara Falls with a friend of ours and of course we had to go to Bird Kingdom.

Chestnut-Mandibled Toucan

A little finch who was clearly still weaning. We watched him beg from mum and dad for a good ten minutes before they gave in. It was fun to watch them flying around.

The little one with its other parent.

This pied crow was the king of the aviary. He or she would fly around near the ceiling for a bit and then come down to flirt with its admirers.

One of two pairs of blue and gold macaws. They're all retired breeders and clearly still very much in love.

We had no problem hearing when these two woke up from their nap.

A very handsome golden pheasant.

I'd definitely recommend this place if you're ever on the Canadian side of the Falls. It looks like most of their big birds are former pets or breeders that were donated. They all look well cared for and were a joy to watch.

pinkdagger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Michelle
I love Bird Kingdom! I've brought several people since I used to live down there, and would always wind up with free tickets. Did you get to go into the lori cage? :D

I kept hearing that it would be shutting down, but I guess (and hope) those were only whispers. I can't imagine what they would do with all the animals if they couldn't keep their doors open anymore.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They have beautiful birds.

Matt

Solayan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Did you get to go into the lori cage? :D

I kept hearing that it would be shutting down, but I guess (and hope) those were only whispers. I can't imagine what they would do with all the animals if they couldn't keep their doors open anymore.
We did go into the lori cage. I was the only one of the three of us that didn't get pooped on :embarassed:

I haven't heard word that they're closing and there were plenty of people there when we went. Although they did have a half price coupon for valentines day so that might have boosted attendance. I hope they stay open for a long time, both for all the critters they care for, and also for us who love to visit.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow! Great photos :cool:

Heather F

Rollerblading along the road
I love Bird Kingdom! I've brought several people since I used to live down there, and would always wind up with free tickets. Did you get to go into the lori cage? :D
Yup! Got pooped on and everything!

It was super busy the day we went even with it being as cold as it was outside, probably because of the long weekend and there was a half price Valentine's Day coupon. I certainly hope they'll be around for a long time. Other highlights included the most adorably flirtatious little corella, which was probably a biter since he was in an enclosure rather than one of the free flight areas but was soooooooo adorable and sociable, dancing and saying hello.:swoon: Also a little flock of fiery shouldered and black capped conures snuggling and preening each other. They shared a large enclosure with the big conures (two suns and a nanday, who were all closely bonded with each other) quite peaceably, with the big guys on one side and the littles on the other. All off the P. conures are soooo cute... And the small bird free flight room, where the little finch family were, was full of adorable beeping and singing things.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I went there sometime after Christmas, and it was great! :D

Very nice pictures :)

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
It sounds like a lot of fun! Beautiful pictures! :)