• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Kabob

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
What are your guys favourite cat breeds.

RainbowFlo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Estella
I am totally afraid of cats that run towards me when I'm walking down the street :lol: I used to walk to school with my sister and a cat used to chase us down the road almost all the way every day. After that, whenever one comes toward me on the street, I literally run. Funny enough, I don't mind cats when they're sitting still or cats in photos.Definitely childhood trauma :wacky:. I'm a dog person ;)

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I am totally afraid of cats that run towards me when I'm walking down the street :lol: I used to walk to school with my sister and a cat used to chase us down the road almost all the way. After that, whenever one comes toward me on the street, I literally run. Funny enough, I don't mind cats when they're sitting still or cats in photos.Definitely chilhood trauma :wacky:. I'm a dog person ;)
Yeah, whenever I see a cat I don't know, I just move very slowly and try not to aggravate it because I have no idea how it feels about me lol

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If I see a cat I don't know I go "HI KITTY!"

Cats usually don't run at people unless they want to be pet and I'm always willing to oblige :lol:

Dogs on the other hand - I have a hard time deciphering excited vs aggressive sometimes

Mantis64

Yeah, whenever I see a cat I don't know, I just move very slowly and try not to aggravate it because I have no idea how it feels about me lol
My auntie found some kittens that I played with. Her brother found them on bonfire night someone shot a firework towards thier mother and she ran into the road and got hit by a car. People are pathetic.

She owns and takes care of then now.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I want a camel ! They are so cute :xflove: :xflove: :xflove: O have a serious soft spot for them and follow a few camel rescues in Australia. The largest feral population of camel is in Australia and the gov has taught up some terrible ideas for managing it. I follow the rescues who work on rehabilitating camels.

But idk they probably won't fit in my house...:hehepink::hehepink:

There you guys go, now this is properly derailed.

mak

Be c
I want a camel ! They are so cute :xflove: :xflove: :xflove: O have a serious soft spot for them and follow a few camel rescues in Australia. The largest feral population of camel is in Australia and the gov has taught up some terrible ideas for managing it. I follow the rescues who work on rehabilitating camels.

But idk they probably won't fit in my house...:hehepink::hehepink:

There you guys go, now this is properly derailed.
Be careful, they spit. :D

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Yeah it is horrible and stupid. Poor camels :( I was trying to avoid that part and just focus on their cuteness! - but yes they do helicopter culls and it is disgusting.

Camel are amazing. They are so efficient that as pets they can get sick from eating too much fresh grass. That is right they need dried and desiccated matter. Which I find really amazing, like wow! They think camels are from the artic originally and the traits for harsh winter climate just happened to also be great for dry climate. They don't spit on their favourite people they are very loyal to their family groups. If a baby camel is in crisis the whole herd surrounds the baby and helps protect them from predation. If I could be a bird I would be a parrot but of I could be a mammal I would be a camel. They are amazing and beautiful. Just look at those big lashy eyes.