• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Identification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cydney

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cydney
I'll do my best to describe this little dude as I didn't have my camera at work. At first I thought it was a baby duck or quail or something because of the coloring but I was wrong. :rolleyes:
A small bird, maybe around the size of a dove? Brown with lighter brown 'stripes' on the body with brown wings and a bright yellow breast with a black bib. There were two noticeable white spots on either side of the tip of the tail.
I've skimmed online but haven't had any luck finding something similar. There were two or three of them around that I saw and they were foraging in the grass. I don't think they're songbirds but again, I could be wrong!

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
I don't know, but you might be able to find it at What Bird. You can do a search for multiple attributes like body shape, size, back color, breast color, etc.

patagonian

Hit the Road
Some birds my be very hard to identify because they are juveniles... So try to look at juveniles of several species and see if that helps..Just a suggestion

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
That's it! It was a Western Meadowlark, Nikki. :) I'm thinking he might have been a younger one because I didn't see the yellow on his face, but they're cute little birds. I don't think I've ever seen one before!

Status
Not open for further replies.