• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Food Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

pga7602

Jogging around the block
LOL. Ok, just a bit embarrassed, but at least it's out there if anyone has any issues ordering from us! ;):hug8::D
Now i'm going to be embarrass to ask... Do you have a similar food sale? ;) :dancing::dancing::dancing:

EDIT: :omg: FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER 50 BUCKS!!!! THATS EVEN BETTER!!! count me in!

Tamara

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tamara R Money
Now i'm going to be embarrass to ask... Do you have a similar food sale? ;) :dancing::dancing::dancing:

EDIT: :omg: FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER 50 BUCKS!!!! THATS EVEN BETTER!!! count me in!
We'll be glad to take care of you! :dancing:

Nelson & Gang

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
I think I'm confused too :huh: I certainly didn't mean to confuse anybody!

It was the original posting. I agree w/ you Kristy on personal service.
There are occassions when I don't mind ordering something & just having it sent in the mail ... but I do really apprecaite a company that cares for "me" and follows up to know how I liked "___" and am I satisfied/happy (or whatever) and wants to know if there is anything else they could do to improve, or whatever (You know what I mean here?).

Tamara ~ I don't think it was you ... I would have noticed that. I sent you a PM!

Ginger ~ it's not the companies fault (per say) ... Harrison's is an extruded pellet, not a puffed pellet. When it gets handled too much in transit, it breaks down and you end up w/ a lot of waste. The larger the bag, the larger the waste. The pellets crush on handling, leaving a lot of dust in the bag, which I put into bird bread, but still - I paid for pellet. It's also one of the reasons I switched back to the smaller bags, larger bags are cheaper, but they are more waste. When I ordered directly from Harrisons, I don't get that, but part of that solution is b/c it's being shipped directly from Harrisons and not through a distrubitor who gets it 1st & then drop ships it to you.

I don't have that problem w/ any puffed pellet like zupreme ... I order EVERYTHING else on line unless it's emergency or impulse shop that I happen to go somewhere.

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
I think I'm confused too :huh: I certainly didn't mean to confuse anybody!

Tamara ~ I don't think it was you ... I would have noticed that. I sent you a PM!
Thanks for clarifying!!! :hug8::heart::heart::heart:

MorningGloria

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Celeste
Sorry, I should have clarified! :o:

The Hello Bird sale is only for bird TREATS. The only Harrison's products that would apply are their birdie bread and the power treats. Goldenfeast items include both treats and complete diet mixes (pretty much everything they sell) but not their pellet (Gobble'os or whatever). Lafaber has some nutriberries that work the same way. The Nutriberries that are considered a complete diet are in the treat section and on sale, but the Lafaber pellets are not. Also Zupreme's Avian Entree blends are in the treat section and thus on sale. It's a little oddly done, but the easiest way to see is to add something to your cart apply the code and then see what is affected.

I have ordered from Hello Bird and have been satisfied with my orders. And they have pretty fast shipping

I'm probably the odd woman out but I actually don't like a lot of seller communication. Order notification and a shipment notification is enough for me. I also hate being bugged by sales people in store. I don't want/need a lot of interaction. lol I sound like an ogar. If I have a problem then yes, I'd like a prompt response, but otherwise I just want to get in and get out :shrug:

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Hm, I thought I had posted this. I got my food on Monday. So it was about 4 business days. The food is fine. The only thing that I didn't like is that they packed it in newspaper, just doesn't seem very professional to me, but the products were fine and the price was good.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
is any one in ontario i been wanting to get to make a grip net but cant find anything bird safe is any one able to help im near toronto

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
I don't want/need a lot of interaction. lol I sound like an ogar. If I have a problem then yes, I'd like a prompt response, but otherwise I just want to get in and get out :shrug:
Haha! :laughing1: You sound like me! I swear I'm nice, too, though! :p (I don't have time to chit chat with sales people, that's time away from my new fave activity- AVIAN AVENUE!) :lol:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Hm, I thought I had posted this. I got my food on Monday. So it was about 4 business days. The food is fine. The only thing that I didn't like is that they packed it in newspaper, just doesn't seem very professional to me, but the products were fine and the price was good.

being a devil's advocate here (again) LOL

packing with newspaper is a way of recycling the newspaper and those styrofoam pellets are not very earth friendly

a lot of the things I get (not just bird products) are being sent in re-used boxes and padded inside with newspaper

just my 2 cents is all :D

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I guess that's true. I don't like the Styrofoam either. I like it when they use that brown paper, or like parrot toy angels who use pink tissue paper, and I've seen people use the shredded colorful paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.