• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

bird flapping his wings weirdly

soup

Moving in
Real Name
Anna Mut
my bird keeps on flapping his wings on his perch in his cage like he’s uncomfortable and sometimes almost falls off his perch after flapping his wings, is he just trying to fly? is something wrong with his wings? i would post a video but i cant attach a video

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
You’ll need to link your video from FB, YouTube, Instagram etc

soup

Moving in
Real Name
Anna Mut
my bird keeps on flapping his wings on his perch in his cage like he’s uncomfortable and sometimes almost falls off his perch after flapping his wings, is he just trying to fly? is something wrong with his wings? i would post a video but i cant attach a video
he might’ve just been doing it for attention because i took him out of his cage and he was fine

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
he might’ve just been doing it for attention because i took him out of his cage and he was fine
My budgies sometime do that and it means that need to fly to release some energy.

PoppySicle

Moving in
My Green Cheek does this every day. She is 11 wks old. First she did it when she was mad at me for leaving her for a few hrs to go to work. (Still does it when she's angry) But she also flaps to get some extra energy out. She is partially clipped and can still fly so I do some recall work with her to get the energy out and give her an attention fix.

Sometimes she sits on her rope perch attached to the cage door (while it's open) and flap until she closes the door and winds up inside the cage LOL, its the funniest $#!t

Here's a video about it. The wing flap part starts at 4:45

Last edited: