• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Feature- Sinbad

BirdGuy21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Hey everyone,

Wanted to feature one of our adoptable birds from PEARL named Sinbad. Sinbad is a Cherry Headed Conure that spent the last 25 years living in the lobby of a nursing home. He was not taken out or interacted with during those 25 years so he is very skittish. Once you spend some time with him he may allow an occasional scritch or two. Sinbad developed an infection and as a result started to pluck his chest. He has since been treated and cleared by the vet and the feather destructive behavior has subsided. He has very expressive eyes and is a beautiful bird and is just waiting for the right person to come along who can understand him and go at his own pace.

If you are in the Pittsburgh area and interested in Sinbad send us an email to info@pearlparrots.com or message me here personally!

Link to his Petfinder Bio: https://www.petfinder.com/bird/sinbad-40617801/pa/pittsburgh/pearl-parrot-rescue-pa1039/

Last edited:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
What a handsome gentleman!

You're so right...Sinbad's eyes are so expressive...and so beautiful...

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
What a handsome gentleman!

You're so right...Sinbad's eyes are so expressive...and so beautiful...
You should come down and meet him ;)! Erie to Pittsburgh's not terribly far!

The first time I met him I really was struck by how expressive his eyes are. You can tell when he is looking at you that he is thinking about you. Beautiful little guy. I spent a little bit of time with him when he first came in and he started to warm up to me.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
You should come down and meet him ;)! Erie to Pittsburgh's not terribly far!
That probably wouldn't be a very good idea...if I did, I'd probably figure out a way to bring him home...and my wife would file divorce papers...;) :rofl::rofl:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope he finds a wonderful new home.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I saw that you have 3 red-bellied parrots up for adoption. Did the same person give them up? :(

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes they did. Previous owner thought they were African Grey’s...
That's sad. Red-bellies are wonderful. Are you going to adopt all three out to the same household? That would be nice for them.
I'm a big fan of Red-bellied parrots.

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
That's sad. Red-bellies are wonderful. Are you going to adopt all three out to the same household? That would be nice for them.
I'm a big fan of Red-bellied parrots.
That's the plan! They're great birds. I've seen them several times now and they are just waiting for the right person to come along. Red-bellies are quite rare around here, these three are actually the first I have seen in person.

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh I am in love with him! What a sweetheart!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's good that you are not local. Red-bellies are always temptations. Not that I need any more. :) Hope Sinbad, the red-bellies and all the other birds you have up for adoption find caring and loving homes.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Well maybe Milton could make the trip as well. I'm sure @sunnysmom would like for you and Milton to visit Pittsburgh too!
I would love a visit from Bob and his fids. I haven't met this little guy yet but hope to soon. He's certainly cute. :)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Awww he is a conure, so of course he is adorable. :heart:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sure we could work something out with the one hour adoption radius as long as they go to a great home such as yours! ;)
If I had the space I would really consider it but I think you are actually joking. 50% of my birds are red-bellies.
BTW, are they siblings?

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
I would love a visit from Bob and his fids. I haven't met this little guy yet but hope to soon. He's certainly cute. :)
Okay so it's decided, @cassiesdad ! Haha.

If I had the space I would really consider it but I think you are actually joking. 50% of my birds are red-bellies.
BTW, are they siblings?
Depends on how far from Pittsburgh and discussion with our Adoption Committee. I'm not sure if they are siblings or not. I'd say there's a pretty good chance, but I can't say for sure.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Okay so it's decided, @cassiesdad ! Haha.
Depends on how far from Pittsburgh and discussion with our Adoption Committee. I'm not sure if they are siblings or not. I'd say there's a pretty good chance, but I can't say for sure.

I'm on the opposite coast, quite far away. Not enough space here, though. The flock is very full. If someone wants to buy me a new house so I can have more space I would appreciate that. :D
They are very cute and I hope that someone is willing to take all three.

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Too bad about the distance! And the house/space issue...if someone buys you a house send them my way haha! I will keep you updated about them :).

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Too bad about the distance! And the house/space issue...if someone buys you a house send them my way haha! I will keep you updated about them :).
If someone bought me a house I would be shocked although miracles do happen. There's always the lottery or a large progressive on a slot machine. :D