• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird fan but can't have one

Faun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Faun
I have been a Bird enthusiast for years. I thought I would do some research into larger birds as all I've owned previously were parakeets. Although I do have experience rehabilitating wild birds. I was told by my apartment building management that birds aren't allowed. I am extremely crushed. ☹ I was also shocked because my building has a ot of issues with noise and disturbances as well as aggessive dogs. I thought a Bird of a moderate noise level would not be an issue at all. My keets were chatty but no one else could really hear em and we did rent at the time. Dunno.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I'm sorry to hear your apt complex wont allow birds -- that must be really disappointing :( Are you looking for other places, whether when your lease is up or otherwise?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:welcome2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:welave:

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Welcome. I don't know your situation but I would look for another apartment if you can and you really want a bird.
I have 7 large parrots and I live in an apartment.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If it helps at all, the noise and disturbances in your apartment complex may be really stressful for a bird and wouldn't be good for it. Aggressive dogs in particular may cause a bird - a prey animal - stress.

Perhaps think about finding a new place to live, or move when your tenancy is due for renewal.

Scorch

Strolling the yard
Welcome to the avenue. I feel you as even though I absolutely love birds, I am unable to have one as it wouldn't be the best for the bird. If this helps you could try to volunteer to an animal/bird shelter to become more experienced and to experience the beauty of birds, that is if you have time. At least that is what I'm doing...

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am so sorry you are living without a bird. As others say I would definitely move from that place where the owners are decimating against companion birds. Life is too short to submit to this person or persons "rules". You are in control of your life.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

Faun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Faun
So this is an update. I worked on my credit score bought a house and finally have a bird!!!! My own bird. ☺ she's a tiel named Athena. did I buy a house just to get a bird? Not really....but Ive always wanted a bird and now I have one!! Its so much fun! Of course I still love my other furries but birds are so different.

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
We love pictures! You'll love having your own home - you can do whatever you want to with it.